Chapter 15

Kyouka Jirou POV 

At first, I was surprised at the fact that Touya is- was Dabi, but I wasn't angry like Ochako. She was just anxious and scared.

If I'm behind honest, I feel like I already knew this. He had a similar Quirk to the villain that attacked us during the Training Camp, and dressed and acted almost the same way. 

Even when I saw him on the stretcher, I was afraid, not for myself, for him. I was worried that he was hurt really badly and if he didn't get healed fast enough...

What am I saying? Why do I worry about him so much? I've only known him for a few days! 

I clutch my chest, trying to calm my heart down. Every time I think about him... my heart starts pounding really fast and I get this warm feeling in it. 

"Hey, Jirou," Mina says, grabbing my arm, "You good? Or are you just scared that a villain is-"

I slap her hand away, standing up abruptly, "HE'S NOT-" I calm myself down before I burst everyone's eardrums, "Touya's not a villain." 

Uraraka stands up too, Iida holding her hand to try to get her to relax, "WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE ISN'T A VILLAIN?!" She screams, throwing off Iida's hand and stomping to me, "HE KIDNAPPED BAKUGOU, AND HURT MR. AIZAWA! AND US!" 

I slap her in the face, hard. 

"That was his past, Uraraka. And Bakugou attacked him first you big idiot. Touya is kind, gentle," I poke my fingers together, lowering my head to try to cover my blush, "He's talented and-and," I look back up at Uraraka, tears streaming down my face, "He's a better hero than you'll ever be! He's doing this because he wants to help people! You're just doing it for the money! Touya only used his Quirk once during the training, he's better than you, than all of you! And me. So treat him with respect, he's earned it more than you ever have, or will."

I storm out of the lounge, slamming the door into my room. I pounce on my bed, crying into my pillow while I curl myself into a ball. 

A few hours pass before a knock comes on my door. 

"Jiro? Can we talk?" 

Mina opens the door and walks in, sitting at the foot of the bed. 

I sniff and wipe away my tears, still hugging my pillow, "What do you want, Mina?" 

She runs her pink fingers through her rosy hair, brushing against her yellow horns, "I'm sorry about earlier, I had- we had no idea that you felt that way about Todoroki's brother." 

My face heats up, and I make no move to hide it, "I- I don't like him, just like him..."

"Uh, huh..." Mina says, patting my head, "Describe how you feel when you think or talk about him." 

"My heart starts beating really fast and I feel all warm inside," I start mumbling, but that was enough for Mina. 

"Girl, that's love!" The pink alien jumps on the bed, dragging me up with her, "My little Jiro's gotta crush!" 

I laugh with her, jumping on the bed and spinning in a circle with her like Ring Around the Rosie. 

I check my clock, "Shit, it's almost midnight!"

"Oh right," Mina murmurs, scratching her scalp, "I'll help you with this tomorrow, let's just go to sleep now."

I nod my head and usher her out of my room, closing the door. I hop into my bed, cuddling my blankets.