Chapter 2

The last thing I remember from last night was my father saying my name to me for the first time in 10 years. Then the following memory was me awaking in a futon in an old-fashioned Japanese style room. 

I promptly get up, completely regretting the action because a razor-sharp pang jolts throughout my body, originating from my abdomen. 

I look down to where my gut is hurting and see my stomach wrapped in bandages. Oh right, I forgot that I got shot by a poisonous arrow. 

My clothes have changed. Instead of my normal full black attire, it was replaced with gray sweatpants and a simple white cotton shirt. They're comfy, but I look like I just came out of a mental hospital. I guess the scars and staples covering 60% of my skin doesn't really help either. 

Honestly, at first I was a little freaked out about the fact that someone replaced my clothes, but I remember that half of them were drenched in my blood and sweat, so I presume it's not that bad. 

I slowly get up out of the mattress and shakily rise to my feet, placing my hand on the wall so that I can balance better. I step off the futon and detect a clinging noise emit from my foot. 

"What the.." my voice trails off as I peer down. Oh, nice, would you look at that? A chain, probably quirk canceling,  connected to my ankle like I'm a prisoner. I groan loudly in annoyance, realizing I can't leave this house. 

Wait. House? 

I glance around the room and I'm becoming more and more familiar with the surroundings. No, don't tell me... 

I scan the walls and see my old Nirvana and Metallica band posters on the wall. The sheets that I was sleeping in are pitch black with navy linings. In the corner, a spruce desk with former math worksheets and an All Might figurine that my father always hated and wanted me to discard it. Holy mother of Toshinori, I'm in my old room. And everything is exactly how I remember it. Even the scorch marks near the door from my flames when I had a mental breakdown when I was 13. 

I'm... I'm home.     

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

I instantly turn the to door and hold my fists up, preparing myself for either a fight or... Endeavor. 

"Can I come in?" A gentle feminine voice requests. 

'She seems nice' I think before speaking aloud, "Sure."

The door slides open and a young woman white hair and red streaks walks in. She resembles someone I knew from my past, but who?  She looks at me curiously then pushes up her spectacles with her middle and ring finger. "Funny," she started. "Father didn't say that we'd be taking care of a villain." her head tilts to the left, scanning my frame with her gray eyes. 

My turquiose eyes widen in acknowledgment when I finally place her features. "Fuyumi," I blurt out, relishing in comfort that I haven't forgotten my sister's face. 

She steps back in surprise, clutching her clipboard tightly, like she was protecting it. "How did you know my name?" 

I roll my eyes and smack my forehead with the palm of my hand. Of course Endeavor wouldn't them who I was. If they found out that their long lost brother wasn't really dead and was a villain for all these years, how would you expect them to react? So I make up an excuse that would sound believable-

"I stalked Endeavor's family for a little while," I lie, chuckling smugly. "I know everything about you Fuyumi, and about Natsuo and Lil' Sho." Ok the last part wasn't a lie. 

Shit, I called my baby brother the nickname I gave him when he was only 3. 

"How did you know he was called that, Dabi?" she asks. "It's been 10 years since Shoto was called... that..." Her eyes widen. She drops the clipboard and grabs my face. She pulls me closer and examines my facial features. She stares right into my eyes and gazes at me with an intensity she clearly got from mother.

She gasps loudly and quickly covers her mouth with her hand.

Fuyumi slowly removes her hand from her lips and grabs her shirt. "Is... Is that you? T-Touya?"

I push myself away from her and look down are my balled fists. "No, I- I'm not Touya. At least..." I look back up at my sister. "Not anymore."

I silently cry, my teardrops rest on my knuckles.

(I know that Dabi technically burned his tear ducts but in this fanfiction, he can cry. so don't at me.)

Fuyumi embraces me in a motherly hug. "Touya, why did you never come home?"

I tightly hug her back, "I couldn't. I didn't want you to see me like, like this. I'm- I'm sorry..."

"No worries. I just.." she releases me from her bear hug. "Why didn't dad tell us?"

I shrug, "I don't know, but can you keep me being, I don't know, me a secret? I don't want the others to know just yet."

She nods and stands up. "Course, Dabi."

"Also can I get some soba?"

867 Words