Chapter 18

DABI POV 

When I entered the cafeteria, I wanted to curl up into a ball and die. Literally everyone, besides my class, was staring at me. The large room was filled with angry glares and terrified eyes. 

I sit down at an empty table far off in the corner, isolating myself from the heroes in training and other students. 

I eat my soba in peace, slurping the noodles while staring at the barren wall, studying the small cracks and paintbrush strokes hardly visible to the passing eye. I loud CLANG sounds across the room, followed by obnoxious laughter. 

An arrow comes soaring at me. I dive to the ground, narrowly dodging the airborne weapon. I grab my food tray off the table and use it as a shield for any more incoming weapons. 

A warm liquid trickles down my cheek, dripping on the forearm. I rub my cheek, smudging a dark red color on my hand.

"Can I stop bleeding for once in this book?!" I shout at the ceiling, hoping something or someone will help. 

I lower my tray/shield enough to peek over the metal, searching for the chaos in the lunchroom. 

The chaos of absolutely nothing. 

"The fuck?" I mutter under my breath, sitting back down in my seat and continuing to eat my soba. 

Another arrow zooms at me. I stare at it, grabbing the flying projectile in the air moments before it impales me. 

I stand up, slamming my chopsticks on the table. 

"Who the fuck keeps on shooting fucking ARROWS, of all things, at me?!" I screech, breaking the pointy stick in my hand while setting it on fire, my blue flames engulfing the broken pieces of wood and flint. 

The cafeteria goes silent, everyone turning their heads to a blonde boy with his hair swept to the side, his blue eyes staring into mine like ice-cold daggers. 

"I did, you villain," he says, smirking while creating another arrow out of thin air, "I copied someone's Quirk to do this, so of course I'm going to use it." 

He throws the weapon at me, conjuring another just as fast. I run to the wall, stepping up it, and backflipping to dodge it, the arrow puncturing the barrier. 

The blonde runs to me and touches my back, the arrow that was in his hand vanished. 

"HA!" He shouts triumphantly, "I have your Quirk now!" 

"I wouldn't," I warn.

He laughs maniacally, "I can't believe UA would let a villain in? And in the hero course no less?" His hand starts glowing, "So the question is: Why would UA let the number 3 most wanted villain into the world's most prestigious school?" 

I open my mouth, searching for words. Yet none come to mind. 

Cold mist surrounds our feet, entrapping his in ice. The frost climbs up his body, freezing his entire frame from the neck down. 

"Touch my brother again," says a low voice, "And you won't have any hands to use other people's Quirks again." 

A tall teenager walks through the mist, his right hand has frost dancing off his fingertips. 

"Hi Shoto," I say, maneuvering my way around the annoying blonde, "Took you long enough." 

I walk over to my baby brother, standing behind him while crossing my arms. I lean over to him and whisper, "You can unmelt him now Lil' Sho." 

Shoto smirks and puts his left hand on the blonde's arm, slowly thawing the ice. 

The blonde spits out a chunk of ice, "The villain is your what?" he shouts, rubbing his arm while trying to pull his still frozen feet out of the glacier.