Chapter 5

I nearly passed out on the spot. 

I thought it was because I found out that I was going to finally see my mother after years, but nope. All the hugging and getting slammed against walls broke the stitches in my abdomen. Blood seeps through my cotton shirt and I have to grab the wall for support. I feel the thick red liquid trickle down my leg, forming a small puddle by my foot. 

"Oh shit!" Natsuo shouts, hastily ripping off his jacket and using it to try to help stop the bleeding. Fuyumi rushes to me, holding up my stable side to prevent me from collapsing. 

"I'm fine," I croak, leaning off the wall and pushing away Fuyumi with what little strength I have left. I take one step, then another without falling. Then a third, but I miss the floor and smack my face on the ground, the world going black as I pass out on the wooden ground. 

A warm breeze flows through the room, entering through the cracked open window. A cold palm rests on my forehead, soon to be replaced with smooth, delicate lips. I groan then snuggle into the soft sheets, curling my tall physique into a ball. I gradually open my dreary eyes, recoiling when the light flows in unexpectantly. Once my eyes are fully open, I examine the room, scanning for the person who was here just moments ago. But, she was nowhere to be found. 

I sit up sluggishly, remembering the injury inflicted on my side was recently reopened. I grab my hip, right bellow the wound, and use my free hand to elevate my torso higher. 

I stare at the Metallica poster dangling in the corner, trailing my eyes to the bottom where it lists all the names of the band members. I chuckle weakly, recollecting that when I was younger, when I was happier, I always wanted to join or start a band. But I knew that my father would never allow that. I just had to become a hero and surpass All Might. Lucky for me, I didn't have to, instead, I became a villain. 

I gaze out the window, noticing the sun lying near the horizon. I steadily rise to my feet, grabbing the wall for support. 'How long was I asleep?' I ask myself. I check the clock hanging near the ceiling and its only been a few hours since I was last awake, so long as it's the same day. 

I start walking to the door, quickening my pace when I detect something sickly sweet. I slide the door open, allowing my nose to guide the way. 

I walk along the halls, glancing behind me every now and then to make sure no one was following me. An instinct I picked up on while I was part of the League. I pass the photo-area, stepping over the damp puddle of melted ice and running my slim fingers across the dent in the wall next to my picture. 

The scent in the atmosphere invades my nose, smelling like toasted cherries and freshly baked bread. The fragrance gets more potent the further I walk the abandoned halls. I come across a door, which I hesitate to open. Oh, but it smells so good though. 

I slide open the door, pronouncing a soft creak from the motion. I peer through the crack and see everyone. My brothers and sister chatting aimlessly with each other and my father. They seem to be getting along pretty well, almost as if they have temporarily forgotten Enji's past actions to them. Laughter fills the kitchen, heartfelt smiles emerge on their faces. 

"Dinner's ready!" an angelic voice beckons and enters a beautiful woman with snow-white hair and a smile that could cure cancer. 

"Mom," I say loud enough for the others to here. They all look in my direction and smile. All except mom. 

She screams and promptly sets down the plate of food she was holding. She races toward me and I brace myself, shielding myself from the clearly enraged woman. 

I wait for the attack but it never comes, instead, arms tangle around my body and a weeping mother squeezes out the little life I have left with her bear hug. 

For the second time today, my shirt is covered in another person's snot and tears. After what feels like a lifetime, my mother releases me from her death trap, staring into my turquoise eyes.

She brushes the back of her hand down my cheek, gliding across the scars and staples with ease. I freeze in place, the warmth of a mother's touch is unfamiliar to me. 

"T-Touya?" she asks, hope gleaming in her stormy eyes. 

I lean into her cold hand and grab her wrist gently, "Hi Mom."

The 6 of us eat dinner happily, laughing, telling jokes, and doing dumb impressions. 

"Ok, ok here's one," I say in between many much-needed gasps. I itch my neck and place my other hand over my face, and say in the driest, scratchiest voice possible, "I hate Stain, he gets all the attention. What about ME?"

Fuyumi crooks her head, "Huh?" 

Natsuo shrugs and shakes his head. 

Endeavor crosses his arms and doesn't do anything. 

"Oh come on dad! How do you not know him?!" I shout at him, shaking my head disapprovingly. 

"It's Tenko Shimura," Shoto says nonchalantly. "I mean Tomura Shigaraki. Easly, I fought that crusty fucker like a dozen times." 

The night continues without any interruptions. Once we're finished with the delicious homemade dinner by mom, the 6 of us clean the kitchen. We all say our temporary farewells and head to bed with full stomachs and hearts.

I enter my room and strip off my clothes, changing into a My Chemical Romance t-shirt and black sweatpants. I walk over to the cracked open window and shut it, gaining one more gust of the crisp January air.

I walk back over the futon and relax on the blankets, not bothering to tuck myself in. I sigh a heavy exhale of relief and grin.

"Hat's off to the best birthday ever," I say to myself. I put my hands behind my head and start dozing off.

"There you are, Dabi." says a coarse voice.

I quickly get up out of bed and raise my fists, preparing myself for a fight. "Who's there?" I ask, searching the darkroom in a state of panic.

A hand grabs my throat, the ring finger hovering over my neck. "Or should I say, Touya?"

My body jerks backward, causing my stomach to leap into my trachea. I'm surrounded in dark purple darkness until all I see is black. 

1113 Words