Chapter 19

DABI POV 

(After school)

Today was the final day of the week, which means tomorrow is my and Kyouka's date...

I'm not nervous you are!

Ok, yes, I am a little timid. But I don't think it's about tomorrow. It's about the fact that I have to go see my shitty father in a few hours with Lil' Sho. Hahahaha this is gonna be great... *nervous sweating and shaking hands*

Time to make myself more of a mistake than I already was. Not only did I regain my scars, but I also redyed my hair, so I look just like the villain I was never meant to be. I wonder what mom would think... knowing her first-born was such a failure.   

I met up with Shoto moments after I got ready to go, dressing in black jeans with a silver chain, a black grommet belt with my guitar pick case dangling off the side, carrying my favorite pick: black with blue flames flaring up from the bottom. And a simple black shirt with my old villain jacket. At this point, I don't care who knows, I still look like him, so why does it even matter? 

"So Touya?" Shoto asks me, swinging his arms back and forth nonchalantly, "I'm curious, what was it like in the League of Villains?" 

I halt my pace, facepalming and groaning, "Why is everyone asking me that?" 

He stops and looks back at me, his heterochromatic eyes filled with curiosity, but his facial expression still has the same emotionless look, "Huh?" 

I stomp towards him, passing him whilst blowing wind past his hair, "Nothing, nevermind. So, you wanna know about the League, eh?" 

Shoto scoffs and continues walking, whisking away his red and white hair from out of his orbs, "Duh, why else would I ask?" 

I playfully punch his arm, walking by his side in a moment of silence. I swing my scarred limbs back and forth, "It was fun if I'm being honest." 

My brother chokes, "You mean, you enjoyed being with murderers?" 

I slap his arm again, "Hey, I've also killed people, like that Hero Snatch. Otherwise, they were just a cool gang to hang out with. We all came from shitty backgrounds and just wanted the world to be fair to us for once." 

"Then why'd you leave?" He asked, his mismatched eyes eager for answers. 

We turn the corner onto a street, being only a block away from the house. The traditional Japanese home peeking over the bushes around the structure, and the nearby neighboring houses looking like shacks compared to the place we call home.

"I left because," I start, itching for the right words, "I wanted to see my family, and Shigaraki was going too far with the Nomu experiments."

Before Lil' Sho can ask more, I unlock the front door and shove him through the opening, following close after him. 

"Nomu?" He begins, "Isn't that the thing the dad was fighting-"

I spot a familiar mop of long red and white hair. "Fuyumi!" I shout, cutting my brother off and  rushing to her, embracing her in one of my infamous brotherly hugs, "It's been too long!"