Chapter 8

Still Shoto POV

"It's your brother, something's wrong!" shouted Recovery Girl who rushes over and seizes my wrist, hauling me along with her. She breaks into a sprint, releasing her death grip on my hand. I chase after her, thinking, 'How the hell can this little grandma run like Usain Bolt.'

We arrive at her office and race into the room. 

"Over here Todoroki." She whips back the curtain and Touya is laying on the bed. 

"I don't see anything wro-" Wait a minute. 

He looks like Touya. Like, 10 years ago. His hair is back to the same crimson red and all of the scars that littered his body have vanished, including the staples that held his skin together fell off. His nose and ear piercings still seem to be on his old face though. 

Touya looks up at me then waves. "Hey Lil' Sho." 

"What the fuck happened?" I shout at him, racing to the side of the bed. "Why do you- you look like-" My eyes scan his body in fear and confusion, with a 'wtf' look as my expression. 

"Like how I did 10 years ago?" he interrupts. He shrugs and shakes his head. "I honestly don't know. It could be because the grandma used too much of her Quirk?" 

I hug him tightly, "At least you're not dead." 

Touya chuckles, patting my back, "Yep, now get me out of this room, it smells like drugs and sick people."

I look over at the nurse and she nods her head, "Just take it easy for the next couple of days." 

When my brother and I walk out of the room, we run into a small bear-mouse-like thing. 

"Oh, hi Principal Nezu," I greet him, bowing slightly. I elbow Touya and tilt my head, telling him silently to do the same. 

Touya bows like me, shaking a little. His knuckles turn white from him closing his fists too tight. 'He must be nervous I guess' I thought, taking into consideration that Nezu was his principal 10 years ago, and it wouldn't be surprising if Mickey Mouse still remembered him. Touya was the only one who presumably 'died' at U.A. during Nezu's first 5 years of teaching. 

"Pleasure to run into you Shoto. You too Touya." says the mouse.  "I was actually on my way to talk to you about Touya coming to U.A. to finish high school."

'Shit, Dad, and I haven't told Tou-Chan about him coming to school with me yet.'

Touya straighten his back and says, "What?" He shoots his glance in my direction. "What is Mickey Mouse talking about?" 

I hold in a giggle, "About that..." I rub my neck sheepishly. "Since you got kidnapped and almost killed, Dad thought it would be best for you to come to school with me until we graduate. He told me you... left... when you were only halfway through your first year."

My brother groans loudly, "I guess that is true. But is Gran Torino still a teacher here? He hated my guts." 

Nezu laughs. "Don't worry Todoroki," both of us look at him, "I mean Touya, this is going to be confusing. But no, Gran Torino is no longer a teacher." 

I grab my brother's hand, trying to comfort him by rubbing small circles on the back of his palm, an old calming technique mom used on us when we were little. 

"Don't worry Touya, you'll be fine. It's just school, plus no one will recognize you." Nezu continues, "So they won't know that you were one of the villains who helped kidnap Bakugou."

I rub my neck sheepishly, "Yeah... about that. Aizawa-sensei and I already told the class about him being Dabi." 

My brother stares at the mouse, then me, mouthing the word, 'fuck'.