60: Daddy JK

“Secretary Chou, please send me the files I needed

“Secretary Chou, please send me the files I needed. I have to finish my meetings today.” I said through my intercom before turning to my computer in front of me. I am busy with the tracking of every deliveries to our biggest distributors and I am glad we are increasing our sales compared the last quarter. I am also in the process of launching a new branch in China and my schedule is really busy for the past weeks.

I am just glad that I have great people in my team to get this project successful. My most trusted person, Jackson Wang is a very intelligent Marketing Agent and I am impressed by how he was able to set me up a meeting with the President of the most successful car brand in China this coming weekend. I cannot miss it.

I heard a faint knock on my door and my eyes shifted to Secretary Chou who is holding her black folder. I nodded to let her in and reverted my eyes to my screen, still typing.

“Director Jeon, the letters arrived today. I’ll have it sent to your home by tomorrow if you would like.” She said, standing in front of my desk.

“Already?” I uttered and looks at her. “Do you have it? May I?” I can’t help not to smile as I hear that. Lisa’s handwritten letters are the best thing I look forward to every weekend. Jungshin will be very excited to hear this. He is still learning the Hangeul characters and I am pretty sure he’ll be able to learn it in no time, I mean – he’s really, really smart.

She isn’t allowed to have mobile phones or any gadgets during the time of her rehabilitation. And I am glad we can send letters to each other in spite of that. It’s different. The way we speak through our handwritten letters is something else. I never thought I could be very much expressive through words for my love towards her.

I never missed her this much. And I swear to God, my longing for her had never been this strong that I even get to dream about her in my sleep. She still have a few more weeks to complete it. Jungshin had a hard time adjusting to my place. He often cries and looks for Lisa in the middle of the night. It was hard for me to be honest. He sometimes refuses to sleep next to me because he wanted Lisa so bad. I decided to ask for Uncle Barry to let Nana come to Seoul for Jungshin. I am glad she is able to travel here with no problems at all. She is already old and I honestly feel bad asking her to look after my kid. But she was with Jungshin for most of his life and she knows things better than I do.

Eventually, Jungshin was able to adjust with the place and we are able to spend more time together. We enjoyed talking about cars and when I showed him my massive collection of toy cars, he is ecstatic. He can even name every single brand by looking at their logo. He often plays car racing games on his tablet and that’s how I realized that our love for cars run through our blood that our son ended up loving it too.

If it happens that he ended up racing, I wouldn’t be surprised.

One morning, I received an unexpected visit. It was my older sister, Jisoo. I didn’t tell them about Jungshin until we came back in Seoul. She knew it from Taehyung. I mean, all of my hyungs knew it and they all paid me a visit. I can’t remember how many times I told them how me and Lisa met in that convenience store, sparing the details of being caught when I was kissing Jieun. That was like – the worst thing, ever.