59: Home (2)

My eyes looked at the street filled with falling autumn leaves

My eyes looked at the street filled with falling autumn leaves. The view from the airport showed me how this city changed for the past years. The shadows of my fingers are covering my eyes but the peeking light from the sunset that reflects through the glass wall is blinding me. I can hear my kid's cute giggles as he plays with Lucid on the couch as we wait for our car. I smiled as I watch him compete with him on that board game they are playing in his tablet. He has always been my anchor, the one who keeps me stable in this vastness sea I am in. I am drowning myself with it every time but he manages to get me on the surface without him trying.

I touched the two rings hanging on my neck and smiled weakly as I look back at the glass wall to look at the wonderful streets beneath this building.

5 years. I was out of this place for 5 years. Too long to be apart from the place I lived as Reese and the place where I discovered my identity as Hennessey. I shouldn't forget that I destroyed a lot of trusts and hearts when I lived as Continental to race my life out of it.

Seoul.

I came back home.

"Lisa?" I heard Jungkook called, putting his phone in his pocket. "I-uh, I received a call from Mr. Kang. He said the place is ready."

I lowered down my gaze. "Uhm, okay." I answered briefly.

He sighed and puts his hands in his pockets. "Everything is prepared for your arrival tomorrow."

I nodded again, still keeping my gaze on the floor. "Sure." I answered briefly and looks at Jungshin sitting next to Lucid.

I felt his hand on my hair, making me look up to him; witnessing his warm smile. "If only I could do it for you, Lisa. I will." He said and I shake my head as a no.

"I am working on letting go, Jungkook. I had to do it alone. I had to do this on my own." I answered. "I will be fine. And this time, I promise I will." I said and turns to Lucid who is playing with Jungshin by the waiting area. "Our son is growing up. I don't want him to see my slips again. And at least you're there for him this time."

Our son.

He nodded and smiled. "We should go. You have to take a rest."

I nodded and turned to Jungshin. "I'll - I'll talk to pumpkin."

"Okay." He answered briefly and kissed my forehead. I walked to Jungshin and Lucid. He gave me a small smile and I mouthed him a thank you before touching my kid's cheek.

"Hey, little pumpkin." I called softly and he turned to look at me, shifting to sit on my lap.

"Mommy.." He called and whined. "I'm sleepy.."