7: Dinner

⚠️ Author's Note: This chapter contains detailed mature contents

⚠️ Author's Note: This chapter contains detailed mature contents. Please read at your own risk.

Seriously. You guys.

🌸

The day is almost done and Chae spent it by discussing the norms of the company to me. She even took me to the huge factory of cars and that's definitely my most favorite part of the day. The people in the company are really nice too. They are all fond of Reese and that actually didn't surprise me. There's no one who can tell me that Reese is not an angel.

I slumped on the leather chair, gaining a glance from Chae. "You okay?" She asked, still busy with the papers she's reading.

"I can't believe Reese can take this. I feel like I'm going insane with all these damn paperworks. Can we go back to the factory tomorrow?" I asked, resting my chin on my hand.

She smiled. "Reese doesn't usually go there. She either stays in her office or her gallery room."

"Argh. She always has a boring ass since we were kids." I said and rolled my eyes.

I flinched when I heard my phone ringing. I did not recognize who it might be but answered it anyway. Maybe it's Bambam. Maybe he really got his ass on the first flight to Seoul.

"Hello?"

"Reese." I heard a deep masculine voice against my speakers. I hitched my breath and met Chae's eyes. Jungkook's voice sounded sexier over the phone.

Holy mother love of god.

"Hey." I answered softly, back with the Playing Princess project.

"You did not return my call." He said, making me gulp. I licked my lips and scratched my forehead. I honestly didn't notice. Maybe because I am too occupied with the little tour Chae gave me today.

"Sorry, I was-- just caught up with the entire day." I answered, sounding softer than I usually talk. I found myself biting my fingernails, waiting for him to respond.

He hummed. "Are you still up for dinner?" He asked, making me glance at my wrist watch. Shoot, I didn't notice the time. It's already past 7 in the evening. I even looked at the glass wall. My eyes filled with the city lights of Seoul, looking like an entire galaxy.

"Yeah." I answered. "I- I think I can make it." Why am I fucking stuttering?! Calm your pants down, Lalisa!

"Alright." He answered. "I'll pick you up in 10 minutes."

"Okay."

There was a silence on the other line. Why is this making me nervous like fuck? I looked at my screen to check if the call got disconnected but it's not. What's wrong with this guy? And why does my heart feel like bursting in my chest?

"Reese." He called again after a few seconds of silence.

I gulped hard. "Yeah?"
"I really missed you."