18: Dodge Viper

Author's Note: While I was writing this chapter, JK's cover song of 10,000 Hours is uploaded in Soundcloud

Author's Note: While I was writing this chapter, JK's cover song of 10,000 Hours is uploaded in Soundcloud. My Bieliber and ARMY heart is in so much joy right now. And I also knew that a new countdown is posted by Columbia Records. We are so well fed, fam. And a teaser of Blackpink's THE ALBUM is released too.

How to calm down? 😅

🐰

"Viper. I found her. She's really back." I heard Lucid's voice against my speaker. I lifted myself up from the bed, making Reese sleepily groaned beside me. We just landed our flight here in Paris for her exhibit tonight and even though we are both exhausted, I still can't help not to touch her. That flight is probably my most favorite even though J really hate flying. I kissed her forehead and let her turn around, showing me her bare body. My eyes travelled down her spine and saw that tattoo again.

"I'll send it to your email." Lucid said again before hanging up. I released a heavy sigh and brushed my hair with my hands. I suddenly felt nervous. That first dinner night in ny yacht, I know she's ain't Reese. Maybe that is why I lost myself there. I was like a starving beast and devoured every part of her body.

Hennessey never mentioned that she had a sister. Well, it's because we never said anything about ourselves and just stick with our codenames and hidden identities in Horizon. When I saw Reese for the first time, I thought it was her. She was a regular patient of Hoseok-hyung and I asked her out right away. I tried to be as formal as I can to eventually ask her about Horizon. When I tried to ask her about Dodge Viper, Hennessey and Lamborghini, she didn't even flinch. And she acted like Horizon never happened in her life.

I thought it was one of barriers again. She always create these barriers around her to keep herself from everyone. Especially from me. And I let her do it. I let her make me believe that Horizon never happened. I let her hurt me again and again whenever she acted like she never knew me in her life.

That just fucking destroyed me.

I thought the Hennessey I knew completely changed into somebody else because I destroyed her too. And I thought, this was her revenge to hurt me back. And I kept her winning every single time. I always do.

I caressed this tattoo on her hip with my fingertips. If you are really Hennessey, please let me in.

But I had to make sure. Maybe that is why Reese looks completely different from that day I saw her in my gym at home. Hennessey has always been a fan of boxing and her sister is not. I have seen a lot of signs. But I still needed to see the truth with my own eyes.

I get up from the bed to get a quick shower. When I finished preparing, I immediately took my laptop and put it in my bagpack. I was wearing my wrist watch when Reese suddenly lifted her head, looking up to me.

"You're leaving already?" She asked, combing her bangs with her fingers. "What time is it?"

I smiled and sits on the side of the bed. "It's still early. I just need to check some reports. You can sleep more. I'll be back in an hour." I said and gently kissed her lips.