53: Tracks

“Wait, what are you doing?” I heard Jungkook asked as I start to rummage the box under the backseat

“Wait, what are you doing?” I heard Jungkook asked as I start to rummage the box under the backseat. I saw the huge black raincoat and head flashlights in there like I expected. I have to fix this truck before we freeze ourselves to death. I gave him another raincoat and he just stared at me while I reach the toolbox.

“Are you sure you can fix it?” He asked, making me pause and look at him.

“Are you seriously asking me that?” I said, arching my eyebrows. “Did you forget I not only fixed your wrecked Dodge Viper, I also restored it.”

“No, what I mean is.. it’s raining. It’s freezing outside.” He said, still watching me.

“Yeah, I know. And we will freeze ourselves too if I am not going to fix this.” I answered and get off the car with the flashlight in my hand. I pulled the hood up to check the engines. Smoke hissed everywhere because of the pouring rain. Bloody hell, it is really freezing out here. I moved closer to check the wires and frowned my forehead when I realized they’re busted. What the hell. If he hadn’t stopped, we might lose the break by the downhill.

“Does it look bad?” I heard Jungkook asked, already covered with the raincoat.

“The brake wires are busted. Good thing you stopped before we reached the downhill. We have to leave.” I said and looks at my wrist watch. It’s almost 5 in the afternoon but it’s already dark because of the rain. Usually at this time of the year, night time gets longer than the daytime. It gets worse once the winter comes. I pulled the hood to close it and walks to the car again, gathering our belongings.

“What? Where are we going?” I heard him asked and followed me by the backseat.

“There’s a motel meters away from here. Let’s make a call to get this car towed.” I answered and gave him the other bag and closed the car doors before walking away. I handed him the key and just continued walking. I pulled my coat against my body because the rain is pouring harder. I felt his hand on my arm but I pulled away.

“I can walk on my own, Jungkook.” I said and just continued walking. Okay, I am not being a bitch here. It’s just I get uncomfortable if people think I am having a hard time with doing things myself. Which is true by the way, but it’s the ego that’s kicking in. And probably my own stubbornness too. Since Jungkook doesn’t still know that, I know he’ll be all gentleman like how he always does – like how I could remember. I saw him scratch his head and just nodded, continued walking beside me. He is keeping up with my own pace and randomly glances at me as I light our way with the flashlight.

The wind is getting stronger too and I am getting wetter from the rain. I can feel my legs numbing, my braced leg is slightly hurting too.

“Lisa, are you sure it’s a great idea to walk from here? We can stay in the car. The heater’s fine in there.” I heard him asked and looks at me.