twentythree

CHAPTER TWENTYTHREE

| OMNISCIENT |
| MANHATTAN, NY |

"Bae I know you have back problems just pick out this comfortable mattress and we will be on our way looking for sheets to cover the bed" Amelie tries to convince her stubborn boyfriend that didn't believe he needed a mattress for college since they already have one.

"Elie I don't want to waste-"

"Listen to your wife idiot" Jeriah cut off Vinnie making him frown completely.

Amelie blushes hearing the term 'wife' it made butterflies in her stomach.

"I'm listening to her! I just don't want to be extra for college"

"You need to be extra dumba**.... and trust me I know how college beds can be...very uncomfortable I will tell you that" Jeriah says while shaking his head. He remembered the times when his roommates would complain about how uncomfortable the bed were.

"So are you buying it babe?" Amelie poked his side.

"I will get it...only because I want my bed to have extra space" Vinnie bit his lips looking down at his girlfriend who held a exhilarated smile picking out his sheet colors.

"You really are disgusting Vinnie I'm right here" Jeriah scowls understanding what Vinnie was referring to.

"Mind your business" Vincent rolled his eyes at his brother.
.....

"Ameliee!!!" Zarahi calls out for her daughter.

Amelie heart dropped a little feeling like her mom found out her secret.

"Yesss!!!" Amelie runs downstairs to see why her mom was calling her.

"Girl here's your mail" Zarahi gave her daughter a pink envelope.

"Wait oh my fu- I mean OH MY GOD!" Amelie opens up her mail quickly looking at what it says.

Dear Amelie Ree McMahon, you have been accepted to Halls Beauty Spa for young girls who are talent at doing wigs-

"AHHHHHH I GOT ACCEPTED TO HALLS BEAUTY SPA AND NOW I HAVE A JOB NOW!!" Amelie shouts loudly.

"Congratulations sweetie!!! Wait is that expensive Salon you have been bugging me about?" Zarahi asks her

"Yes that same one! They had up a sign that said they are hiring new people and I went to go sign up for it" Amelie smirks while reading the paper fulling through.

"I'm so proud of you! You are going to be the best hairstylist in New York" Zarahi hugs her daughter.

"Thank you mom I love you so much" Amelie wiped a tear out of her eyes.

Amelie was so delighted that she made Zarahi proud.

Last year Zarahi had been through hell and back with Amelie's suicidal attempt she was just glad Amelie was glowing more and seem healthier with Vinnie.

All Zarahi ever wanted was the best for her adoptive children. She loved them to death. She couldn't have kids of her own and that hit her everyday. Zarahi sometimes prayed for miracle baby with her wife Shasta but it never happened for them so they choose to adopt.