fifteen

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

| OMNISCIENT |
| HARLEM, NY |

Amelie sat down at the table with Vincent and Dax, Cole.

It was quiet but she can feel the tension between the boys.

"Dax! How about you start first...tell me how you feel about Vincent being with me?" Amelie smiled hoping he would say something positive.

"I feel like he's pervert for coming after my little sister behind my back" Dax folded his arms sayin.

"I- okay...Vincent?" She looked at her boyfriend who smirked placing his hand on his chin.

"I feel like your childish and can't accept the fact that someone like me will really treat Amelie like beautiful girl she is...something you often don't do when you are in relationships. We are not the same Dax" Vincent says calmly.

"Shh! Cole?" Amelie hushed Dax before he can even say a word.

"At first I was angry at Vincent for sneaking around my back not telling me he was dating you. I'm not even a strict brother like Dax. No shade man but I'm not like you. I accepted Roamlee relationships and Verlene relationships! I can accept yours to Amelie. I love you so much I won't hate you for dating Vinnie. He really isn't a bad guy. I'm okay with this relationship" Cole shrugged his shoulders making Dax glare at him.

"Thanks Cole" Amelie smiles at her supportive brother.

"Welcome!" Cole responded.

"Dax the main problem is you! Why can't you just accept this relationship?" Amelie says while trying to understand her brother.

"Because..I don't want you to get hurt like last year" Dax blurted out rubbing his hands over his face.

Truth is Dax still isn't over the fact that Amelie tried to take her life. It hurted him deeply and he was so afraid the day when he found her trying to do it. She promised him she would never do it again. But he didn't believe her.

"Dax I'm not going to do that again you trust me? Vincent is not like those other guys" Amelie tried to reason with her brother.

"Okay." Dax breathe out.

"Okay what?"

"Okay I'm going to accept this relationship...but Vincent please promise me you will protect her and make her feel like she's the only girl in the world? This is very serious to me. I don't want Amelie back to her old self. You need to know what she actually been through to understand why I'm like this as a brother" Dax says.

"She told me everything Dax. I know what she's has been through and I'm willing to protect her! That's the reason why I fought Ezra and Kai. They were talking sh*t about her skin tone infront of me" Vincent blurted out angrily.

"They were?" Dax and Cole frowns.

"Yes they were" Amelie mumbles

"I'm sorry Amelie" Dax and Cole said at the same time.

"It's alright" she said once again for the million time she can remember since she was a kid. People apologizing to her every time she talks about colorism.