nine

CHAPTER NINE

| VINCENT | 19 years old |
| MANHATTAN, NY |

I sat down on the bench while watching my teammates make touch downs back to back. We were already winning so I wasn't tripping.

My eyes traveled to Amelie. I thought about the conversation we had two days ago.

I needed her to know that nobody is going to change my mind about her unless I say so on my own.

I kept staring at her while she observe the football game.

She noticed me staring at her and blew me a kiss. I caught it smirking at her. I just knew in this moment I officially love this girl.

Two days ago when she told me her story about colorism. It hurted me to be honest. But it made me realize that I have to be overprotective over her.

I will kill anyone for her and she doesn't even know it.

I loved Amelie.

"Vinnie it's your turn to show out. NFL football coaches are watching from the stands. Make your dad proud" Coach Bob tapped my shoulder.

I stood up tall placing in my mouth guard. I grabbed my helmet placing it over my head.

I took a look at Amelie, seeing her cheer for me made me smile.

I ran towards the field getting ready to go for the football.

I caught it. My teammates got into their spots, I waited a minute to give a signal.

"Hunt 1 hunt 3 hunt 2!" I pointed my fingers underneath my legs. I threw the football so high allowing Cole to grab it.

The Gater football players started chasing Cole while he ran towards Kai who grabbed the ball.

I ran very fast making every football player who tried to catch me fall on top of each other.

Once I got closer to their field I slammed the football on the ground making the school cheer for me and the other school was cheering 'boo' because of their lost.

All my teammates ran towards me hugging me and dapping me up.

"You did good I'm proud of you !!" Coach bob smacked my helmet kissing it.

"Thanks man" I smirked.

I took off my helmet since the NFL coaches and College coaches wanted to speak to me and the rest of us.

_____________________
I was finally home after the football game.

I picked up my phone calling Amelie. I bite down on my lips nervously hoping she answered the phone but instead of it being her it was Roamlee that appeared on FaceTime making me scared so I covered my camera.

"Amelieeee your scary cat boyfriend is calling" she giggle at me while calling out for her.

Wait Roamlee knows?

I uncover the camera finally seeing the face I wanted.

"Sorry about that" Amelie held a blush while looking at me.