Chapter 53 - Priority

Fresh sighed as he gazed out the window of his floor.

The top floor of the castle where his bedroom was located. Each floor was reserved for one of them after all. He looked out the window and saw his top soldier, Lust, with Ink and the Prince of X Domain. Wait... why was the Prince even there? Shouldn't he be locked up in the cell?

"What in the Creator's name are they doing?" Fresh muttered to himself as he watched Ink collapsed on the snow and began flailing his limbs then carefully standing up and marvelling on what he did.

"See, an angel!" Ink said proudly.

Cross was standing there awkwardly, not really sure if this was suppose to be voluntary or a forced exercise to keep him in good shape. Fresh just watched as Ink threw a snowball at Cross then ran away, screaming that they need a fort. That seem to shake Cross out of his little fidgeting and began chasing the two with snowballs in his arm. One hit Ink who collapsed.

"I've been hit!" Even in this top floor, he could hear that clearly... how loud was his voice, really?

He didn't hear what Ink whispered to Lust though but it got the assassin standing up and mockingly calling for Error and turning the slave to a blushing mess. Cross was already cupping snow and dumping it on top of the Guardian, slowly burying him until he covered the artist completely. Lust got a stick somewhere and wrote something on the snow above Ink.

"Tell Error I love him."

Then the assassin began a small speech that included the will written above the artist who sprang up at the mention and began making snowballs while the two ran away. Such childish actions yet entertaining for them. He had never seen Lust enjoy himself and laugh the way he did with Ink.

"That's why he wanted to go out..."

He looked behind him and retain his usual composure of passiveness, crossing his arms, "Ya' got what you wanted, what more do ya' want? The throne?"

The impostor blinked then shrugged. Fiddling with the black coat he wore, "I already have a whole world to save from eradication so... no. Just wanna' talk I guess..."

"There's nothing to talk about. You made a deal, I accepted. Nothing more..." Fresh said.

"I know that. Just wanted to make sure you're not throwing a fit."

"Geno didn't ask this from you, did he?" Fresh asked uncertainly.

"No... why would he?" Error asked with a tilt of his head.

"It's the way he is." Fresh said.

The response was followed with a long awkward silence. Error started fidgeting with the coat's cuffs. The destroyer decided to break the ice and speak.

"You're not sure with your decision, are you?" Error asked.

"Do you want me to change my mind?"

"That's bad but hey, maybe you won't."

"I know what I agreed upon and as I said, if it will make Geno feel better, then I won't get in the way." Fresh said.