Chapter 35 - Last Tower

"Are you planning on sleeping all day long?"

Dream asked as he woke Ink up for many times that morning. No matter what he do, the other would just fall back asleep. It wasn't like he wanted Ink out of his life, he could even say that he can bear whatever things the other would pull off. Even if Martial didn't threaten him, the other would request to go back and he'd rather see the other happy. He was a little disappointed that the other have to go but he couldn't do anything even if he try.

"Hey... don't fall asleep now. Today is a special day." Dream said and tugged the covers off the other.

There was a huff of annoyance from Ink before a sigh and the other opened his eye sockets. He took the extra breakfast from the table and gave it to the other. He already finished his and it seemed to make the other upset. He watched the other eat and noticed the ink splatter on the other's cheek.

"Where did you get that?" He asked curiously.

Ink blinked and started patting his face to maybe remove any stains. "Where?"

"The ink splatter... was it a birthmark?" Dream asked.

"Kind of?" The artist truly don't know what it was but since it was with him since he was created, it maybe considered as a birthmark along with the tattoos on his body.

The General couldn't help himself but reach out and swipe a thumb over it. It didn't smear nor change. It was a unique mark he must say. He was surprise with the other leaning to his touch and a tear dripping from the other's eye socket. He retreated and moved back, mumbling an apology.

Ink never thought how much he missed his friends until now. He basically didn't need them if he was skilled and an immortal. He could probably do something alone but before he knew it, he's in a group called Star Sanses. He never relied on them to help him in battle but in times where it was only them, he missed it so much. He would rather have them needing his help rather than needing their help. Looking at the Dream infront of him was a pain ever since they both seen each other more than their status. That soft touch was much like the one Dream would do if he had a bad dream about his AU. He missed his friends... and Error too.

"I-I didn't mean to cry." He wiped away the tears.

"Are you alright?" First asked worriedly.

"I just... feel homesick."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

Ink couldn't, no matter how much he wanted to say that he missed his friends. How they looked so similar and how he missed the smile Dream would always give. He even missed the Bad Sanses and that was a huge indication that he wanted to go home. He couldn't tell First because the other was just a character here in this Multiverse. They were just doing what they were intend to do.

"No."

He can't tell because they won't understand and they'll probably be deemed as impostors.

"You know something I don't."

"It's better to sometimes remain blissfully ignorant of things incomprehensible to others."

Dream didn't try pushing it more and stayed silent. The other won't tell anyway. No matter what he'd do the other would try and dance around the matter. Leaving him be must be the best option out there.