Chapter 45 - Everybody's Target

Additional problems weren't really Error's things.

Especially if he was holding back. He can't get rid of them like he always did. He can't just turn their souls to dusts. Ink would be upset and he'd rather not add death sentence to his Counterpart's imprisonment by the time he'd left him here clueless. In truth he wasn't even sure if he could.

He stretched out a hand and let the strings wrap around two soldiers' feet. They dangled upside-down, yelling in fright. The destroyer swiped a clear line of guards along with Lust with his other hand. He tried to do the same without his hands by willing extra strands to another squad but nothing happened. He frowned at the limit then attempted to wrap his strings around one of the souls but it did nothing making him dismayed.

Error drop the two unceremoniously then proceed to divide the strings and wrap around the 7 soldiers. He flung them across the room creating yelps and shouts.

A knife cut his arm, blood dripping and coating the floor. He hissed at the stinging pain and Lust glared. It spoke the high volume of warning with it. He couldn't back down and he have to keep going or they'll never go home. Backing out now seemed pointless, they have to push forward no matter how much it hurt.

---|---

Ink tripped Reaper as he walked backwards, their target item sailing through the air. The artist caught it just in time, giving a sigh of relief before avoiding the boot about to clash on his face. He put up a shield, making sparks light up when the knife tried to embed on the surface. Ink rolled away when Reaper attempted swipe him off his feet. He ducked at a swing of Killer's blade, using the position to deliver a high kick at Second's chin that made the General stagger and let go of the weapon.

The artist made distance, holding the artifact tight as he glared at Reaper approaching him. Third was casually coming up to him and began swinging the scythe slow enough then turned fast as the succession of swings almost connected at Ink's neck. The Guardian of Creation got an opening and delivered a punch at Third's middle. It was enough to break the combo and stop the possibility of Ink getting decapitated.

He froze from his spot as Killer draw three throwing knives in each hand, sandwiched in between his fingers. He threw the first three right at Third, Reaper grunted as a knife plunged on his hip and shoulder. Ink didn't have enough time to dodge the one sailed past his cheek. He crouched at the last one and a kick connected at the back of his neck.

The pain bloomed through his neck and sent tremors down his frame. Body turning limp as they throbbed and felt numb at the same time. He groaned weakly as the ringing started throughout his mind, clouding his vision and almost made him close his eye sockets. How Second moved that fast was beyond him but the kick got him pinned on the ground as the last three was thrown right at Reaper. He futilely tightened his grip at the orb but hissed in pain when the boot dug deeper.

He felt weaker. Like he was nearing his limit. Was it his HP? He unconsciously loosened his hold and weakly tried to move the foot away. Killer bent down, finger tips brushing at each other and the General pried them open before taking the orb.

"Should have known." Killer said with a chuckle, throwing the stone through the air in a mocking manner. Ink weakly glared at him from the floor as Killer began walking away.

The Guardian of Creation heard the silent rising of his fellow enemy. He took in a deep breath and chose to gamble at this state. He just have to play along until the throb turn into a pulse. The enemy of his enemy was his friend.