Chapter 7 - Happy

"Until we meet again, Fourth."

The smile given by the Fifth General was intimidating. Silent promises of more pain to come. Error rolled his eye lights once the other went off. He stood by the doors of the training room completely unmoving. He wasn't that much worried because they didn't take him down, Error always ended it by keeping them in place. So far, none of them managed to pin him or send his skull flying across the room. He walked on with one of the Royal maid leading the way. They were about pass by another palace servant guiding a maid. Error cringed at the maid's appearance. So skinny under those thin tattered clothes. The maid was dragging herself through the carpet floor, evidently starving. For a fleeting thought, he guessed that it was one of Horror's maids. If he was even a General or even exist here truly.

The Royal Kitchen was located right at the first floor and the dining room a floor above. The maid stopped walking. Error kept walking though and he even caught a whiff of the delicious smell of foods. The way the maid stopped and just barged in the Kitchen was... scary? It was in a sense. The way they desperately craved for food. No sooner, a royal guard came in and dragged the maid out.

"I did not mean to! Forgive me!" The maid was flailing in the grip of the guard.

Screams of mercy and sobs escaped the poor woman as she was dragged away. Error kept walking as the screams died down and he didn't want to hear the end of it. This is bad if he wanted to explore the palace and find the orb. He can't leave the ones guiding him and be on sight of the guards. Although he have to do it sooner or later.

The Royal Maid watched him leave through the doors. Error walked down the snowy path back to his tower. This just prove how terrible it is for Ink to go alone.

Error hissed as felt pain travelled his body from all the attacks he got from Dust. It's not that bad like Killer's though. He entered the room by noon and found Ink on the window. Ink was literally sitting on the window. The thick stones were enough for someone to sit there.

"You might fall." Error weakly warned.

"You're joking, right?" Ink asked as he pulled his feet in the room and walked to the study table.

He placed the parchment on the table along with the charcoal. Error observed the drawn scenery from the paper. Thankfully, the window was facing the forest.

"You have wounds..." Ink pointed out as he dragged the other to the edge of the bed.

"The Fifth General, it was Dust and he's a pain more than I thought." Error commented.

Ink let his healing magic work and hovered his hands over the small scratches. "So he was Fifth? That was... expected."

"How do you say so?"

"You didn't notice? Everytime we have a fight, he was looking at Blue. When the Blue here mentioned of the Fifth General, I immediately thought it was Dust having that obsessive behavior at him. Heck, I even caught him standing outside our hideout in our reality." Ink snickered.

"That was a good blackmail material, if I know before all of this he would steal boxes of chocolate for me just to shut up." Error grinned at the thought.

"Another thing... the map." Ink reminded after he finished healing the other.

"Why? You won't be going outside, right?" Error asked.

"Well, I just wanted the slightest idea if we have to run." Ink said with a shrug.

Error was silent before sighing and grabbing another parchment from the drawer and started drawing as best as he could each layout of the floors. Ink rolled around the bed like a child. Seriously, this was all the things he could do now.