Chapter 26 - Saving Lives

"You... need my help?"

A nod came from the positive skeleton as he stared at Sci. Blue was behind him, completely caught up with the various machines.

"There is something wrong with the Multiverse. We found Ink and Error in the Doodle Sphere but... they escaped and now we can't find them." Dream answered.

"Escaped...?" Sci asked in a questioning gaze as if they told him the Multiverse still exist without the Prime Universe.

"Yes. Escaped like some wanted criminals with delusions." Dream said as exactly as the one Dust described them as.

"How long has this been going?" Sci asked as he took a seat.

"Days more like... three." Dream recalled.

Sci craned his neck to look behind him more and was mildly shock, body going stiff before answering. "I... I'm surprise you were able to drag your brother in this."

Dream looked at Nightmare and gave a grin. "He lost a duel. I think it's only fair."

"You don't have to hurt each other, Dream." Sci said with a little hesitation if he was going overboard.

"Of course not. Nightmare only lost in Rock-Paper-Scissors."

"Shut up, Dream."

"He's pretty sour about it though."

Sci gave an apologetic gaze for jumping into conclusions. "S-sorry..."

"Don't mind! Back to the topic, can you help us?" Dream asked.

Sci blinked before pushing the swivel chair to one of the computers. He began typing through the keyboard. Dream and Blue stood either side of him while Nightmare's Gang, stood behind him.

"Th-their... their magic signature. Signatures are very specific. It can't be copied easily. I'm sure you will be able to track them down." Sci said as he went through various typing before one came up. "I-I don't have Error's signature since he never came here or won't cooperate so... I only have Ink's. Wi-will it be okay?"

Dream smiled. "It's fine. I'm sure those two won't get separated."

"I... I hope you will resolve the problem."

---...---

Days had passed since their training and Ink can't believe that right now, he was standing in front lines of their troop. He was actually thankful that in the line of slaves here, he was at the very back and just behind him were the real soldiers. It would be easier to attack but he's not taking any lives.

The sky wasn't gray like in movies but it was rather filled with clouds and the snow slightly burying their feet. Unlike him, Lust was put on the very front. Ink would be saving and healing the slaves. Only the slaves because they would certainly shut their mouth unlike the soldiers. It took them a long time.

They weren't the first one in the battle field. There were already a number of depleting men infront the larger group of unnamed army. Second and Seventh's trained army were reinforcements.

Before they left the Barracks, half of the soldiers were gathered by Martial and Ink could read that Seventh explained what to do in the battlefield. Killer talked to the other half of the army. Truly... the slaves were just decoys. They may or may not help lessened the number of enemies.

Once they charged, the captain of the other army, stopped as they noticed the collars around their necks. The skeleton had black lines running on his skull, a blue cape with black fluff on the hood. Silver chest plate and black pants with silver knee pads with steel toed boots. Blue eye lights hardened at the sight of them. Ink could recognize that face, that was Ganz. He was baring his teeth in a snarl and was clearly debating whether to retreat or not. Ganz's army was completely winning but he was hesitating whether to continue and kill the slaves or back away for now.