Chapter 36 - Asking Help is a Bad Thing

Ink wasn't that dumb to answer that statement.

Answering that was plainly admitting he understood it so he remained confuse with a tilt of his head. When it passed with nothing but silence, the unknown boy sighed.

"it seems we are wrong, martial."

Said other craned his neck to look at his friend and turned around to face him sideways to let Ink see what they were talking about.

'We are...? Let's kill Error then.'

Before the artist knew it, he was raising a fist to hit Seventh. He was blown off the other as something pushed him back with full force. He opened his eye sockets which shut involuntarily from the impact. He was surprise to see bones formed like shield around the two and infront Martial was the boy, hand outstretched.

Ink softened his land with a flip, ending with a crouching position. Martial was smirking at his friend who sighed in defeat.

"you won. i should have known your plans would always work." He dropped the defense as the bones disappeared.

Martial emerged from behind with a smile. 'Feel free to ask whatever, Ink.'

Ink wanted to say no and try escaping but if there was another magic user and his only magic was shield against an army of bones, he'd rather not try. Besides, he never relied in his defense. He never tried that much since it made no difference on his HP. Using it on certain occassions like having other mortals with him was the only opportunity.

"You threatened Dream..."

Martial knew that Dream would leave details as much as he can in times like this. He specifically asked for secrecy after all.

'I suppose he did not tell everything? What do you want to know?'

"Why am I here?"

'Like I said from the battlefield, I pay my debt equally. I'll do any favor until I am satisfied.'

It was a strange answer and the confidence of the other was terrifying for a moment. Ink doesn't know if he was bluffing or telling the truth.

"How did you... threatened Dream?"

It was unrelatable but he'd rather try to dig some dirt incase he needed the other for something and he needed full cooperation.

Martial thought for a moment before answering. 'You see... Recognition and Praise is what kept Dream attached to Nightmare. The reason he agreed was because.... of S.'

S... did he meant-?

Ink's gaze travelled at the taller and he realized who he was as he took off both gloves. The plate reflected the lights, catching a glimpse of what was engraved on it.

S-1. Sans from Handplates.

It was harder to spot the recognition from facial since every Sans do have that same face. Just addition either from the eye lights, lines or anything. That small plate was the only indication of who he was if anything.

'S came from the enemy's army. Dream spared him from death because of his age. The wrong move was... he recruited some of my soldiers. He was hidden and brought here.'

This was something kept from Nightmare! Why was he being told about this? Carelessly and with amusement because of his reaction.

"Y-you shouldn't tell this to me! I mean, I'm not- I'm-" Ink's voice died down as he tried to find the words, forgettibg for a moment that he asked for it.

'You asked, I tell. Do not fear, this would not be held against you.' Martial assured. 'If Dream would so tell, he's the one who'd lose something, not us.' Seventh knew First would prefer to hide this rather than shamed by his brother. 'Must he confess to Nightmare of this, S would tell who spared him and then, him and I will receive death. Acceptable.'