Chapter 37 - Man of My Word

"Wh-what...?"

Ink asked as he stared with blank confusion. He took a glance to S who only stood there. Why? Why were they stopping him?

'Not relying on others... You can't be with Error in that state of mind.'

"I don't understand."

'You lack the ability to plan ahead. Aren't you asking a favor to Error if you need assistance in what to do?'

"It's what Error always do. I don't have to ask for his help because he'd always need mine."

'Who is Fourth to you?'

"My friend." Ink said simply because he was desperate to do anything just to go back.

'Do you trust him then?'

"Yes, I do. He always knew what to do even if he won't tell me the whole plan. He'd always known alot of things even if he'd only tell me a fraction of it."

S's sockets squinted as he realized the wrong on both of them. What made the two unstable as Martial deemed it. He never knew Error personally but he could tell from Ink that he had always thought Error knew what he was doing. The slave always expected Fourth to make a plan. Fourth seemed to be the person who don't trust anyone easily because he was blamed very much. Martial sometimes was like that. He never seen a plan that failed by Martial but the other would sometimes share his anxiety of doing something wrong and cost their down fall and it will be his fault.

In the other hand, Ink lacked the ability to rely on others because of something related of him asking help, something traumatizing. The slave trusted Error as a friend but even if he would not doubt the words Fourth would say, he was afraid himself to try and ask for a favor. He felt responsible if the General got hurt. Ink saw Error's effort in planning as expected and not a request from the artist. If he couldn't ask Error's help during a battle, then he might not see the light of day again.

This was not good at all.

S frowned deepened. "what are you going to do now? we've forbidden you from leaving."

Ink didn't hesitate speaking his thoughts out loud, he was starting to become on edge with the threat of not meeting Error forever. "Then I'll take down both of you."

'That's not possible.' Martial announced.

Ink was up for the challenge. "Watch me." He glared hatefully and tensed when Martial pulled out a knife.

Seventh threw it right infront of him and smiled. Ink wasted no time to grab it and leap forward. S ran up to him but he dodge the other and raised the knife higher. Martial dodged the attack but remained calm which infuriated Ink more. He didn't waste slicing to the right although Martial didn't move.

Why isn't he moving? Is he expecting to-

He was thrown to the side with bones which caused one damage each. Ink assumed that S couldn't deal that much damage. It bewildered Ink how Martial was so sure that S would be there. How sure he was that S would aid him.

He decided to change target and went for S instead. S might be good with his magic but he was keeping his distance and that meant that he wasn't good at close combat. He did his best to dodge the attacks and sooner, he was up close to stab the other. He expected the younger to falter. He expected for the other to tremble or minute-late protect himself but he did nothing but stand confidently. It should have been a warning to the artist but he didn't register it until he was kicked away and he was tumbling to the other side of the room.