Chapter 47 - Chronicle

Dream sighed as they sat down the empty chairs in Sci's lab.

He and his brother were called after days of Sci doing research for something. He looked at his brother and hesitantly asked.

"Are... you okay?"

Nightmare looked exhausted, sipping on a mug of coffee. "Do I look like it to you?"

"I mean you're seriously not okay. I'm just making sure I won't be accused of murder if you suddenly collapsed." Dream defended.

Nightmare let out a tired sigh as he drank the last drop. "Error kept screaming. Telling voices to shut up while those not in duty attempted to sleep."

Dream nodded slowly in understanding, it must be so hard to deal with those things. "Ink had been... progressing I guess? He could summon Broomy but he doesn't know how to operate the paints... The carpets and sheets get burned frequently."

"That's minor unlike sleeping on a solid white nothing." Dream couldn't help but agree.

The door slammed open before they heard their names called by the scientist. "I found something that might explain this."

Sci shuffled towards the computers, pulling out various windows that displayed notes and such. "Dream, was Ink acting secretive sometime? Before acting strange like this. Was he?"

Dream recalled the previous weeks where Ink would rarely hang out after saving AUs from Error. "He started to decline spending time with us after stopping Error in destroying an AU..."

Sci gave a nod of undedstanding then looked at Nightmare. "Was Error the same too?"

"We're not even close. He just barge in my home to sit on my couch or to pull us for destruction."

"Okay..." Sci nodded and turned towards the monitors, replying to a message.

Dream stood up and peaked at the name written at the top left of the window. "Chronicle?"

"Y-yeah, I came in contact with him when I narrowed the searches of universes to ones who knew of their multiple existence." Sci explained as he awaited to the response of calling the other's name.

Sci?

He felt the grin on his face stretched at the response, nodding before realizing that he should type the response.

Yes, it's me. Can we come over?

Nightmare was on the other side, frowning at the request. "Can't he be the one to do it?"

"He really doesn't like leaving his AU. It's really hard to catch him awake since he sleeps often."

Sure! I'll be waiting.

At the response, Sci was already standing up, walking towards the exit of the room. Dream and Nightmare following behind him. They walked down the corridor, lights flickering. Across them was a door before a turn on the corner. Sci opened that door, using the key on his lab gown's pocket. The tiles were a dim green under the lights and by the far wall was a machine.