fifty four

there are three chapters left

also be prepared for the angst (that I despise) heading your way 👍🏻

───────────────────

Last week was hectic with Taeyong and Jaehyun's quick graduation/baby shower plus them leaving too. They did make it safely to Los Angeles and to their apartment.

Taeyong said that Jaehyun was excited to start college pretty soon and in case anyone was wondering, yes they left without their diplomas but Jaehyun got the ok to still be accepted without it so it's a win win situation!

Taeyong called Mark to tell him that he loved the gift that he sent and that he'll put it on Hye-jin when she gets big enough to fit the outfit. It made Mark smile knowing that his brother loved the gift.

But while that was some good news for Mark, he completely lost track of time. Prom was happening tonight.

'I can't believe I let time get ahead of me. Why am I so stupid!' Mark was frustrated, he was angry that time went by so quick and he wanted to get those days back but it's too late.

So here he was in his room pacing around, holding his phone tightly between his hands.

It didn't help him any less with his packed book bag sitting on top of his bed, 'Don't chicken out. You got this...'

Mark! Shouldn't you be heading out now? I'm pretty sure that football game is almost over! His mom yelled from downstairs.

Mark whined as he checked his phone for the last time, he got a text from Johnny saying that he was there so he took that as a sign to leave the house now.

He put his phone in his pocket, grabbed his book bag and left his room. Mark took a long look at his room before shutting the door behind him.

He quickly walked down the stairs, wanting to leave the house without his mom noticing his stuff packed up.

Bye mom! I'm leaving!

Mark had his hand on the doorknob but he didn't get the chance to open it when he heard his mom behind him.

Wait. Can I say something before you leave?

Mark let go of the door knob and turned around, nodding at his mom, ❝Yeah, is everything alright?

She took a deep shaky breath before speaking, ❝Yeah but Mark, I just want you to know that I love you ok? You're my youngest and I have your support on everything that you do but please, please promise me that you'll do the right thing.

I will—

No. The right thing. Not some alternative plan. Please Mark, you're all I have left now that Taeyong left. Don't make me regret for putting too much faith in you. Mark looked at his mom right in the eyes, she was crying while having this pleading look in her eyes.