thirty three

I know it's early, but prom.

It's not really a big deal, I mean we're all going anyway so shut up. Renjun rolled his eyes because he's been fed up with Jaemin's obnoxious attitude. He wouldn't go to another dance with him if he was just gonna fight Wendy again.

Who said you could answer for everyone? Guys are you go—

YES.

Oh... ok. Jaemin sulked as the others ignored him and focused on their lunch while Donghyuck and Mark were in their own conversation.

So you're actually going to this dance, right Markie?

Yeah.

You promise? Because you better not pull whatever stunt you pulled last time. You better come, please? Donghyuck was begging Mark at this point, he clung onto his arm with a small frown.

Mark looked down at his clingy boyfriend and smiled at him, ❝I promise. This time for real ok?

Give me kiss. A sign that you promise.

Mark rolls his eyes as he leans towards Donghyuck and places a kiss on his lips, Donghyuck smiled as he pulled away from Mark. ❝Now your promise to go to prom is sealed and if you break it, I'll break you.

Mark frowned once Donghyuck turned away to eat his lunch. Going to prom was a big deal now. Winter break was long over and it's already February and even though he just now made a promise, he has to tell Johnny. And why?

Because Johnny told Mark about a week ago that he wanted him to come over to his place again on the night of prom and pretty much have sex again.

But as much as Mark would love that, he actually intends to keep his promise with Donghyuck. Mark didn't know what happened that day at the dance with Renjun and Donghyuck. He knew that something happened between them and neither were willing to say.

Whatever really happened, Mark kept telling himself that he didn't deserve Donghyuck. No one told him that, it was his own thought. A thought that was true that he refuses to accept.

'I can still change. If Donghyuck needs me, then I'll change for him...'

Pathetic, that's all that Mark could say about himself, his thoughts and his actions. 'I have to stop. Donghyuck's always been there for me. Johnny wasn't... I still barely know him and vice versa.'

It made sense, 'I barely know Johnny... He's just a fling. You can't have a future with a fling when you already have someone who's already dedicated to you...'

Yep, it was all making sense. There were never feelings to began with, just the attraction and sex. It's always made sense, 'I'm so stupid...'