nine

Mark woke up the next morning to the sun seeping through the curtains, he popped one eye open, groaning from the sunlight as he covers his face with the bed covers.

'Wait.... Sunlight?!', Mark quickly throws the covers off as he sits up in bed.

Shit! He looked around the room to find this phone, not bothering to notice that Johnny wasn't in the room.

He drops to the floor and sees the first thing his eyes caught onto: his hoodie. He grabs it as he reaches for the pocket and pulls out his phone, he turns it on to see missed text messages from Donghyuck but his eyes widened when he sees missed texts and calls from Taeyong.

He was sorta glad he didn't find anything from his mom, not wasting anymore time he opens the texts from Taeyong. He looks to see he sent him frantic messages about where he was and that he had to lie to their mom from going into his room.

Mark sighs as he decided to call Taeyong, after hearing the other line beeping for some time, he hears the other end pick up.

Mark!

Yes Taeyong now before you interrupt me I'm fine ok? So don't freak out.

Freak out?! I'm already freaking out! You're lucky I wake up earlier than Mom does, and when I went to your room to check, you were gone! Mom tried to come in but I lied and told her you had an upset stomach from yesterday and didn't want to be disturbed so she left for work.

Mark sighed knowing that Taeyong was always there for him but he shouldn't always count on him for these times.

Now tell me, where are you?

Now he's in trouble, what lie is he gonna come up this time? Pacing back and forth in the room he suddenly felt cold, he looked down and forgot about his night with Johnny. Blushing from embarrassment, he grabs the blanket and covers his bottom half with it.

Uh ok don't be mad, just calm down please?

He hears Taeyong on the other end take a deep breath and then a cough before he speaks again.

Ok I'm calm. Now tell me!

Ok I was... He pauses before looking around the room then sighing. with Donghyuck.

It was quiet on the other line until the next words that came from the other line made Mark's eyes widened.

You asshole...

H-hyung?

Don't 'Hyung' me, the next time you want to leave this house and go whoring around with your little boyfriend, don't have me cover for you.

The line goes dead as Mark stands there with his jaw hanging open from what he heard his own brother say to him.