forty seven

Mom I'm going out! Mark yells as he makes his way to the front door.

It was Thursday night, exactly 2 days after he got his ultrasound appointment and found out the gender. He told his mom and she was happy with the results and Taeyong was too even though he had some complaints.

But overall he was happy for Mark, and since they didn't show up to school on Tuesday, his boyfriend and friends were constantly asking about his absence and of course he couldn't tell them because of- well the baby.

So instead, he only told them that he wasn't feeling well that morning and he knows that they knew he wasn't exactly telling the truth but they let it go, especially Donghyuck.

But that was already done and over with, right now Mark was almost close to opening the door until his mom suddenly came up behind him.

Where are you going at this time of night? It's 7.

'Fuck.'

Mark gulped as he slowly turned around to face his mom who's patiently waiting for an answer, ❝Um you remember that thing I was telling you about? Y'know, from the last time we talked?

She looked confused for a second until she finally understood what he was saying and made an "o" shape with her mouth. ❝I see...

Yeah, well I'm going to do that now... Mark spoke in a soft voice as he fiddled with the sweater paws of his hoodie.

Ok sweetie, you can go but you better be back by 10:30. It is a school night after all. She says as she goes into the kitchen, leaving Mark alone.

Yeah I know. Mark turned back around and opens the door but not before yelling back to his mom. Bye mom I'll see you later!

Bye Mark! She yells back.

Once she heard the sound of the door close, she let out a sigh as she leaned against the kitchen counter with a smile on her face.

Finally, you're taking some responsibility Mark...

《 ♡ 》

'I hope this doesn't take long. I just want this to be a quick conversation and then I can go home.' Mark sighed as he slightly swung back and forth on his swing.

He had walked to his meeting point which was the playground in the park and he was glad that there was no one around, it gave him a sense that he could have a quiet and private conversation.

Mark sighed as he pulled out his phone from his sweatshirt pocket and checked the time. It wasn't even close to 8 but he wanted to know where he is, Mark frowns as he pulls up his messages and attempts to text that one person.