thirty seven

Several days have passed since Mark last saw Johnny and they haven't spoken since then which resulted everything to going back to the way it was before.

It was nice since Mark was allowed to freely walk in and out of Donghyuck's home without interruption. He's spending a lot more time with his boyfriend and Donghyuck was starting to become happier than he was before.

Right now they were currently on a little date at a café, drinking hot chocolate and enjoying what was left of February.

I wanna shop for some makeup, is that alright with you?

Mark looked up from sipping his drink and nodded at Donghyuck. Sure, are you looking for new makeup for prom?

Yeah, all my other eyeshadows are either old or outdated so I wanted to try and get some new colors and possibly some lip tint. Oh and maybe some jewelry too!

Mark laughed at Donghyuck's excitement over shopping, kinda reminded him of Taeyong. ❝You seem really excited for getting ready for prom.

Yeah... Donghyuck gushed, his cheeks turning pink. Oh we can buy some new clothes for prom too, we can match if you want!

Mark nodded his head, agreeing with the idea. He and Donghyuck already finished their hot chocolates and Donghyuck got out of his seat and grabbed Mark's hand, pulling him out of his seat and started to drag him back to the cold outdoors so they could start their shopping until Mark suddenly stopped Donghyuck.

Wait Hyuckie.

Donghyuck stops as he was about to open the door, he turns around to look at Mark. What's wrong?

Oh nothing, I wanted to get one more thing before we leave.

Oh ok. What do you want? I can buy it for you. Donghyuck let go of Mark's hand and starts to search for money in his pockets but Mark stopped him by gently grabbing his wrist.

No it's fine. I got money, just wait for me ok? It'll only take me a minute.

Donghyuck nods his head as he waits beside the front door, watching Mark walk back to the front counter and buy whatever it is that he wanted.

...

Y'know, when you said you wanted to buy one more thing, I expected it to be a cookie or a brownie. Not one of each of the desserts that they were selling... Donghyuck said as he looked over at Mark who had a takeout bag full of desserts that the café was selling on display.

Mark looks at Donghyuck confused as he stuffs a piece of brownie in his mouth. Donghyuck and Mark were walking home after finishing their shopping. But before they left, Donghyuck offered to get lunch but Mark had already started eating all the desserts that he bought. And he bought a lot.