46|Good news

The feeling she had experienced at the wedding that night, had returned even stronger a week later

The feeling she had experienced at the wedding that night, had returned even stronger a week later. Gina was positioned over the toilet bowl, emptying the contents of her breakfast and groaning in agony.

She spat and sat on the floor, too weak to get up. Knox had left a few minutes ago for the office but April was in her room. She figured she would call her to pass her phone or something but she doubted her voice was strong enough to carry.

A bout of nausea overcame her again and she flung herself over the bowl to vomit. Gina wanted to bawl her eyes out, she hadn't experienced anything like this before. Not even hangovers were this awful.

A soft knock sounded at the door. "Gina, are you ok? I heard noises." It was April and she sounded concerned.

"April honey, I don't feel so good, " she weakly said.

The door was slowly pushed open and April peeked around, a look of shock on her face when she saw Gina on the floor, clutching the bowl.

She quickly came in and knelt to face Gina. "What's happening?" She asked, touching her face.

"I don't know. Could you call your father for me please?" she said.

April quickly nodded and ran out of the room, returning a minute later with her phone in hand.

"I called him. He's on his way, " she informed.

"Thank you, baby."

She nodded, her gaze on Gina for a moment before she got up and wet a rag, placing it on Gina's forehead. "You will be fine, I promise."

Gina smiled. The cool rag on her forehead was actually helping and she appreciated April's help.

"Can you manage to get up? I could help carry you to your room." Her hand was already on Gina's, ready to pry her up.

"I might vomit again. I feel so weak."

"Come on, you can do this Gina. The floor is hard and you will feel better in bed, I promise. At least try for me, " she exclaimed softly and Gina managed a smile and a nod.

She eased up, fighting the feeling. She flushed the toilet and walked slowly with April out the bathroom and into her bedroom. April quickly pulled down the covers and turned on the air before she was by Gina's side again, using the rag to wipe her face.

"Hey, thank you, " Gina said.

She smiled. "It's no biggie. I know how it is to feel like you're too weak to help yourself. So many persons helped me when I was like this, it makes me happy to help someone else. "

Gina smiled, using her hand to cup her soft cheeks.

"I could make you some ginger tea. It helps with nausea."