8|The morning after

Gina woke up the following morning feeling like she had a night of sleep deprivation - which was in fact true

     Gina woke up the following morning feeling like she had a night of sleep deprivation - which was in fact true. Try as she might to get some sleep the previous night, Knox's presence indicated that that was not to be the case. Gina had twisted and turned, whimpering at points when she came in contact with his body. And to her absolute dismay, he seemed to have slept all throughout the night like a baby.

Gina propped herself up on her elbows and glanced to the side, realising the imprint of Knox's body was the only thing present. She was happy with the fact anyway; she didn't want to wake up to him - she didn't want him to see her so groggy, even though Gina had a feeling he would be seeing a lot of that.

Stretching, she got up and headed to the bathroom, pausing when she saw Knox entering the bedroom in nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist, his muscles at risk to Gina's greedy eyes which consumed the length of him.

She noted the smug smile on his face and his devious eyes which surveyed the entire length of her. His jaw clenched as he drew nearer, placing the tray on the bed and stopping in front of her.

"Mm, if I knew that was what you were wearing last night, I would have had my way, with or without a protest from you," he said, eyes settled on her cleavage.

Gina rolled her eyes. "Don't flatter yourself," she said, attempting to step away only to be confined by his strong grip. "What now?"

"Where are you going?"

"To the bathroom," she exclaimed flatly. "Do you want me to give you the details?"

Knox gave her a flat stare. "I brought you breakfast," he said as his eyes went to the tray of steaming coffee served with eggs and pancakes.

"If it were any other man, I would be flattered." She shrugged her hand from his hold and moved towards the bathroom, wanting to groan out loud, especially after hearing Knox's chuckle.

~**~

Gina came out of the bathroom thirty minutes later, hoping to find Knox gone. The tray was still on the bed but Gina heard no signs of him. She sighed and moved towards her closet, pulling off her robe in the process. Deciding on a simple pink dress, Gina retrieved it, gasping when she heard the swift intake of breath.

Swiftly spinning around, she saw Knox, arms crossed, blatantly staring at her with hunger in his menacing grey eyes.

"Absolutely breathtaking," he said, moving towards her.

Gina quickly slapped the dress across her exposed parts, swallowing hard as he approached. She couldn't understand why she could always get nervous around him and no one else. Her heart plummeted and before Gina could fathom what was happening, her back was to the wall, and her front was to Knox.

"I know it's pure torture, Gina,' he dipped his head and whispered in her ear, the warmth of his breath sending a shiver down Gina's body. "Your mind is resisting me but your body is doing otherwise. I can see you fighting against the inevitable sweetheart, but it won't be for long."