15|Suspicions

Huuge shoutout to @hskk72 @AnaPirvu and @xxreyaxx for being the first three commenters in the previous chapter! Thanks guys! And for everyone reading, I thank you too 😘❤

~~

      A cluster of thoughts clouded Gina's mind, leaving her to wonder who it was that Knox was on the phone with. Though not wanting to admit it, she was conflicted by an array of emotions that left her utterly confused.
     But more than anything, she felt angry at the fact that Knox had a possible lover that he still stayed in contact with. Who else could it be? Her subconscious questioned, while Gina rose from the bed. It couldn't be his mother – no one referred to their mother as sweetheart and neither a sister – not that Knox had any. She wondered if he was still in contact with his ex-wife; was the relationship between them still close?. Since all the evidence pointed to a lover, she had no choice to believe that, that was the in fact truth.

    A painful lump formed in Gina's throat that she couldn't quite comprehend, a feeling of discomfort settling in the pit of her stomach. As much as she hated to admit it, she hated the possibility of Knox's affair. It meant he lied in saying he was back to make things right with her and it meant he hadn't really changed over the years.

With a heavy heart, Gina eased up, spotting the glass of bloody Mary on the night stand. She hadn't thought him to be so caring enough to prepare one for her but Gina soon realised it was all pretense when it came to Knox.

She tried to get up but was weakened by her impending hangover and the revelations earlier made. So Gina decided to call it a day and sleep, and that she did.

***

     Getting up the following morning, Gina realised the drink had been removed from her bedside table, yet she couldn't quite figure out who did it. Not that it mattered, she most certainly didn't want anything from Knox, even though a brain shattering headache was clawing at every single cell in her head.
    With a groan, Gina got up to go to the bathroom, stopping short when she saw Knox entering, fully dressed for work.

      "You're up," he acknowledged, entering.

     Gina disregarded him, instead moving straight to the bathroom. Knox  followed.

     "What do you want?" Gina asked frustratingly, aided by the splitting headache.

    "We're going shopping at noon for the party," he announced, hands tucked in pockets.

Gina rolled her eyes. "I don't need to go shopping," she lied inorder to ignore his company.

    "It isn't up for discussion Gina," he said, raising convicting brows.

    "Get the hell out, will you?"

Knox, without protest went out, allowing Gina to the room so she could drown herself in her own sorrows and discomfort.