10|Brief escape

Gina was done making herself a pot of coffee when Knox entered, a suitcase in hand

Gina was done making herself a pot of coffee when Knox entered, a suitcase in hand. Wordlessly, he moved towards the cupboard, got himself a cup and poured some, his eyes never leaving Gina's.

"How was your sleep?" he asked, taking a hearty sip.

"Fine, not that it's any of your business," she retorted flatly.

"If you say so," he said. "Any plans for today, Gina?"

"I'm sure you wouldn't want to hear about my sex life so I'll spare you the details." Forcing a smile, she retrieved her purse and walked towards the front door.

Gina gasped when she realised her car wasn't outside or anywhere for that matter. Storming into the room she saw Knox still sipping at his coffee.

"Where's my car?" she asked in frustration.

"Beats me," he shrugged his shoulder.

"Don't fuçk with me Knox."

"If only I could," he replied, sending a hungry glance down her body as an indication of what he meant.

Gina fumed. "Where the hell is my car?" she repeated prickly.

"No need to worry but from now on your driver will be taking you places. Limited places such as the mall, to get lunch, your parents and brother's house, period. If there's someplace else you need to be then you ask me and I'll decide if I find it fit for you to."

Gina could have sworn her jaw was on the floor. "Are you insane!"

"I told you to respect this arrangement and you didn't so I'm doing what's best for both our reputations."

"You mean your ego and your pride," Gina hissed sharply.

"Those too."

"So what am I now, your prisoner?"

"You said it, not me. Listen, the media already knows about this and soon they'll find that -"

"I don't care about the damn media. I just want my fuçking life back!" she snapped, reddening with anger.

There was a bit of silence as Knox stared at her seeing every ounce of her frustration.

"Why couldn't you stay in fuçking Canada with your wife, huh?" she said more calmer now between clenched teeth. "You ruined her life and now your back to ruin mine... Again!" She shook her head and unable to stand the sight of him, she dashed through the door.

Gina slammed the door shut when she entered the car, arms crossed as she glared at the driver ahead. "Where to ma'am?"

"How about hell?" she murmured, then strained a laugh. "Oh, I forgot, I'm already there."

Gina scowled and huffed out a breath wondering about a place to go. Another minute in Knox's presence would surly drive her crazy.

"You know what, bring me to my parents house," she huffed, rolling her eyes, pouting much more when the car started.