27|Stay

Knox went back home, his thoughts in chaos as flashbacks of what had taken place at Gina's hotel room came rushing back

       Knox went back home, his thoughts in chaos as flashbacks of what had taken place at Gina's hotel room came rushing back. When he had seen her standing there, skin damp from a shower, features flushed, as beautiful as dawn, it had taken him every ounce of control he possessed to not pull her in his arms and kiss the softness of her lush lips. For a moment he had been captivated by her proximity, the freshness lingering in the air and the beauty that she so effortlessly acquired.
     And as she opened her mouth, all Knox could hear was resentment for him, but his heart had silently bloomed upon realising that her eyes hadn't spoken the same language. She still had the look in her eyes, the one she had many years ago when she had continuously told him she loved him. There was just this way her eyes softened, the way she would look away like a shy school girl because she was aware of the magnitude of the words. Knox had found hope then, even more so when she actually said the words.

       He had no idea miracles were so small but the very fact that she still loved him gave Knox more hope than anything else. The words surrounding it, he knew he was guilty of but knew he couldn't sit and wait for her to come around.

He went to his room and began to pack a bag. There were too many times that he allowed her to slip away but he wouldn't this time. Raking a hand through his thick, dark hair, Knox looked around, trying to think clearly through his haze of thoughts. There was this adrenaline pumping within him and now all he wanted to do was run, find Gina and let her know that he wouldn't give up on her.

As Knox slung the small traveling bag over his shoulder, the maid came and informed him that Sally was at the door. Curious and not wanting the interruption, Knox went down to see what she wanted.

Sally turned when she saw him. "Where's Gina?" she asked.

Knox released a sigh. "Why don't you ask her?" he asked, moving to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water before he left.

     "I'm not getting her cell and I really need to talk to her," she explained, tucking a lock of hair behind her ear.

      "And what makes you think I know?" he asked as he opened the refrigerator door.

  Sally huffed. "Well do you?" she asked, getting a bit frustrated.

Knox regarded her with a flat stare before he pulled in a steady breath. "I think she's going to Las Vegas with that Fred guy."

Sally's brows shot up. "So are they like ...a thing or something?" she asked, amused.

Knox huffed out a breath, slamming the bottle to the counter as she flung the door shut. "Look, I don't know... I don't think so - fuçk!"

   Her eyes snapped towards the bag over Knox's shoulder. "Where are you going?"

      Unscrewing the cap he said, "I'm going after her," watching Sally's befuddled expression.

      "Are you crazy- No!"

      "I wasn't asking your permission Sally," he said, moving past her.