45|Wedding daze

Some people have their worst at the beginning, some in the middle, some at the end, and some unfortunately, have it all round

  Some people have their worst at the beginning, some in the middle, some at the end, and some unfortunately, have it all round. It doesn't matter at one point your hard times will come- whether in marriage or life itself - but it is a period we all expect to face. A period which, even though it shatters our solid foundation, we are forced to gain experience and do one of two things; break down and quit or fight to rebuild.

        For Gina, she hadn't expected that after the horrible start she'd had with Knox, that she'd be happy now. There was no looming secret standing between them and for the first time in a long time she felt free - so incredibly light. After Alexia Lawson's confession, Gina had a better time letting go and moving on. A few things were there to work on but they were minor compared to the major that she overcame in the past.

      She couldn't resist a smile as she stared back at the person standing before her in the mirror. So incredibly new to her, yet it was new that she truly loved and was proud of. She had broken down a few walls that the rebellious and carefree Gina had built and allowed space for the new her - a part that had been buried but not lost.

      "Gina, everything ok?" She heard a voice say, pulling her from her thoughts. She turned to find Sally looking at her curiously, her perfectly done brows knitted together in concern.

Gina flashed her a smile. "Yeah, just thinking about all that had happened over the past weeks, y'know," she exclaimed as she approached Sally who was seated around the vanity dresser.

      "Yeah, you experienced in weeks what some people experience in years. Your life is a whole tv drama waiting to happen," she grinned before she refocused her gaze in the mirror she stood before, blowing out a huff, her shoulders gone limp.

     "You ok Sal?" Gina asked after seeing the somber expression on her best friend's face.

     "Yeah, yeah I'm happy...I'm just literally quaking on the inside," she admitted a little shakily, managing a short laugh.

Gina could tell she was nervous so she went behind her and placed her hands on Sally's shoulders, gently massaging the tension away. "Today is your day babe and it is perfect. You are perfect and the guy who loves you most in this world is waiting outside so he can become the happiest man in this world. And I know you will be too once you see him up there and realize why you said yes in the first place," she said, watching Sally's smile reflected in the mirror.

     "Don't cry Sal. You don't want to mess up your makeup," Gina added quickly after seeing her lips slightly shiver.

Sally nodded and inhaled a deep breath, reaching up to pat Gina's hand with her own while she exhaled.

     "You're right and I look good right?" she timidly asked.

Gina briefly used the opportunity to look carefully at Sally whose makeup was beautifully done with subtle eye colors that emphasized her big green eyes. Her lipgloss was a pale peach, a tone brighter than her natural lip color but complemented her makeup beautifully. Her healthy mane of hair was done in a side sweep across her forehead and then wrapped elegantly at the side with hair accessories.