16|Putting on acts

A/N: Any suggestions for a cast?

The day came when Gina would put on her last act. Knox still did not mutter a word of apology to her or explain his actions yet he somehow expected Gina to play along with his façade.

Sally entered while Gina was in her room, highly strung on her thoughts. Sally had been a beam of light over the past days, excited to plan her wedding she couldn't stop bragging about. Of course Gina was happy for her friend - it was the best news she'd heard since Knox's reentry in her life.

"Hey, G, what's up?" Sally asked, taking a seat beside Gina on the bed.

Gina sighed, looking at her friend. "I'm thinking about doing something but I need your opinion first," she began.

"What is it?"

"I want to put an end to this marriage," she said, swallowing hard and not quite understanding why the words felt heavy on her tongue.

"Gin- how?" a flabbergasted Sally asked.

"They say the company's failing despite them being billionaires - despite them having numerous businesses...but that's not even the point. If that's their excuse I'm planning to use the money from my trust fund to 'save' the company," she said, using air quotes.

Sally's mouth was slightly opened. "Gina that's your money. Your grandparents gave you that before they passed away," she reasoned.

"I know but I think I'd still have some left after, along with my own savings."

Sally's brows knitted. "Exactly how much did they leave you?"

"Fifteen mil each for Jamie and I..." She trailed off and glanced at Sally. "I thought Jamie told you."

Sally blinked. "Damn, he told me it was a whole lot but I didn't think it'd be that much. That's like double what my parents left."

"Yeah but you're still a rich bitch," Gina grinned. "But anyway, its the only thing I can think of to set myself free."

"What if he doesn't accept?"

"Well at least he'd see how serious I am in wanting out and I won't stop until I get out," she spoke with conviction.

"You're that desperate, aren't you?"

Gina swallowed and stared at the blank floor. "More than you know."

Sally hugged her. "But if that's what you want Gina. You don't have to do this party tonight."

Gina got up and sighed resignedly. "A party tonight and a breakup later will surely convince the media of what they were thinking all along. That this is all fake and the heat will all be on Knox and hey..." she shrugged her shoulders and glanced at Sally. "I never could say no to a party."

Sally smiled. "You know I'll always have your back."

"Thanks, Sal."

~**~