10. Two whiskey's deep

"Why?" I'm two whiskeys deep and I still can't seem to find an answer.

"Well sir, due to some loop holes they seem to have the upper hand right now. All avenues points to... Well uh.. marriage..." My lawyer finishes, his voice seeming to die.

I cannot do this again.

This is not what I want.

"Sir, if you were already married we could can this whole contract but... Well unfortunately you're not."

"So you're saying there's no way out of this? My choices are marry Ella or someone else before my times up?" I ask loosening the tie that seems to be tightening around my neck every second I'm talking about this.

My lawyer nods, as he looks at me trying to gauge what I'm thinking.

"I'll marry someone else." The words fell out of my before I could even think about what I was saying.

My lawyer's face dropped. His eyes wide as dinner plates.

"Sir are you sure? We just ended your last one... I mean she settled with alot of your money..."

"Money isn't an issue. I said what I said and that's what I want. No more questions. Get it sorted." I grunt as I pour myself another drink.

I'd wanna be careful here, my mind may not be so clear right now. Especially after this.

My lawyer nods and piles up the papers into his briefcase before quickly scurrying out of my office like he had a rocket up his ass.

"Mr. Turner? I thought you could do with some coffee..." El says softly with a sympathetic smile graving her beautiful face.

She walks in before I could say anything, she places a steamy mug Infront of me.

As soon as she placed the mug down my hand shot out immediately to grab her wrist.

I hear the sharp intake of breath by el and watch as she turns to look at me.

There's fire burning between us, a need, a desire to be with eachother.

My hand trails from her wrist to her lower back, gently caressing her behind. I couldn't help but smile at the content sigh that slipped from her plump lips.

"Dinner tonight?" I ask, I won't take no for an answer anyway and I think she knows that.

"Are you really asking or are you telling me?" She smirks.

I pat her ass and nod.

"Dinner at 7, I'll send Nic for you at 6.30." I say as I watching her retreating form.

This is it.

I'm doing this.

Were doing this.

I'm not sure how I'm even gonna ask her or bring it up but I gotta figure it out quick smart.

I decide to send Eleanor home early, regardless of dinner or not. I had a fair bit of thinking and planning to do before tonight and I couldn't be distracted by her.

Not her fault.

Alas, she heads home anyway. I sigh in relief knowing I've got some time now. Although I feel like this is going to a be tough slog to get her to understand and agree.

I'm not sure exactly whether to tell her it's the real deal or its just for show so I didn't have to marry Ella. I know she'd do it for me but whether it's what she wants.

Before I knew it it was 5pm. I headed out and made my way home to start dinner.

I'd showered and decided to leave the stubble growing. I'd decided I would keep it smart, a white button down shirt, black slacks and dress shoes.

I doused myself in my finest cologne and headed to the dining room. I plated dinner and poured the wine, allowing myself a glass or two before El arrived.

I was nervous. I knew why.

This is turn out really bad.

I don't have any other choice.. well I do but not one I'd make in this life time.

The sound of a faint knock brings me out of my thoughts. I quickly empty my glass and head to the door.

Wow.

I'm met with what I can only perceive as perfection.

There she stands, 5.5, long dark waves, her voluptuous figure covered by a burnt orange dress that hugged her perfectly.

The face of a saint.

This is happening William, whether you like it or not.

"Hey.." she whispers as I watch her eyes travel up and down my form hungrily.

Hold it together William.

"Come in, dinners ready." I say gently taking her hand and guiding her in.

"You look stunning El..." I whisper in her ear as I pull out a chair for her.

Her cheeks flush, a faint smile pulls at her lips.

"This looks amazing William, did you seriously do all this for me?" She asked.

"Absolutely, only the best for you." I nod, "dig in."

We sit in comfortable silence for a while whilst we enjoyed the food. I must say, I'm not bad at the whole cooking thing.

"El?..." I clear my throat, ready to talk about the real reason why she's here. Not that I wouldn't have her here just because, because I would.

100% you would.

She looks up at me, her eyes filled with genuine happiness. She places the glass to her lips and swigs the remaining wine before giving me her full attention.

This is it.

"Have I ever told you how stunning you are Eleanor?" Okay, I'm stalling. But I didn't realise in practice that this would be so difficult.

I feel like I'm choking.

She's caught on.

"William, what's wrong?" She stares me down with that glare I know all too well.

I sigh, there's no time like the present right?

"Look, there's something I have to ask you, you can say no, but you can also say yes..." I throw in a smile just for good measure but it doesn't seem to be working.

Her eyes narrowing by the minute, she sits straighter and a little more rigid than before.

"William, spit it out."

Shit.