13. She said yes?

"YOU DID WHAT?!"Ben whisper yells inside my office.

I had to tell someone other than my lawyer and dad was away with Jeanie so I thought, next best option was Ben.

Since asking El to be my wife I hadn't been able to keep my excitement at bay. Especially the night I asked her, was the best sex I'd ever had in my entire adult life.

I constantly pictured her slick curves melting into my body.

Eleanor seemed pretty sure with her decision, I couldn't thank her enough for doing this. Although, I'm treating it as a real marriage. Who wouldn't wanna be married to her?

"I ask El to marry me so I didn't have to marry Ella..." I smiled at Ben as his mouth hung open.

"And she said yes!?" Ben asked, still unable to believe the words that are coming out of my mouth.

"Yes! Why is that so hard to believe!?" I asked, beginning to get annoyed at Ben.

"Because you don't love her! You're not even remotely dating... Why the hell did you drag her into this?" Ben was actually upset, this angered me because why the hell would he care? He's known Eleanor has been off limits for years. Especially recently.

I stood up, "For starters, why are you angry? I mean unless there's something I should know about?" The air was thick with tension now. I'm not sure what was going through Ben's head but I don't think I want to know. Before he could open his mouth and give me an answer I took a step towards him..

"Did you forget that I told you that SHE has said yes, I didn't force her to do anything she didn't want to do. Trust me, I'm just as surprised as you are Ben but its happening. I thought you of all people would've been happy for us.."

That's a lie, I knew he wouldn't be. But it was better he found out from me than the scandal sheets. Ben didn't seem to have anything to say at this point which I was grateful for but I feel like this isn't the last I've heard of his displeasure with the upcoming nuptials.

He stormed out my office without a word, slamming the door behind him. My head was swarming with a range of emotions right now and there was only one way I know to clear my torment.

El.

Although the thought had me excited in everyway, El is currently at lunch. Although I could wait for her return, I have some important matters with my lawyer to now go over...

I'm still shocked that she has even considered my proposal, let alone said yes. I cant fuck this up, not only would I have to marry a woman I despise, but I would also lose El.. The thought alone leaves holes.. I cant.

Just as i sat down a my desk, my door flies open with a dejected looking Ben in the doorway.

"Look, I'm really sorry man... It's just I've l-"

"Guys? Have you been arguing with each other?"

Before Ben could finish his sentence, El had walked in looking between he both of us with slight frown. I'm glad for her interruption though, I didn't need to hear what Ben had to say I knew what he was going to say.

"No!" Ben and I answered simultaneously.

El chuckled, she knew what we were like. She nodded hesitantly with a huff.

"You guys suck at lying.. honestly... Whatever it is work it out.." She says looking between us and waving a perfectly manicured finger at us.

We both give a petulant nod before watching El leave my office.

I wait until i know El is out of ear shot before i begin to speak.

"Look, i don't want to argue with you about this, we are brothers for fuck sake. You know how I've felt about Eleanor... And before you say it, i know how you feel bout her too you don't need to tell me again." I say seriously as we both lock eyes.

"But I never told you-"

I cut him off before he could finish.

"You didn't have to Ben. I'd be crazy to think that you didn't like her, half the fucking office probably does. But this is happening and I can't do-"

"Love."

I was about to keep talking before the words actually registered in my head. I'm not sure I've heard correctly though.

"I beg your pardon?"

"Love. Will, I LOVE Eleanor."

His face bared a look I hadn't seen before. He's been with countless women, some eve long term but I've never heard him talk about one like this, let alone look the way he does when speaking about said woman.

Fuck.

"Ben..."

He smiled sadly and just quietly walked out the office not saying a word. I watched as El tried to chase him down before he looked back at her and shot her a half smile and got into the elevator.

I watched her shoulders sag. I know Eleanor knows somethings up. I watched her turn to my office, her eyes narrowed. I shot her a half hearted smile with a shrug. She hesitated before shaking her head and walking towards the elevator.

Great.

"Mr. Turner? Your lawyer is here..."

Double great.