Chapter 4

My head was burning when I woke up. I sat up slowly and cracked my eyes open. Where am I? I was in some sort of empty room. All that was in it was a couch and a boy sitting across the room staring at me.

"Morning." Harry said and I fully opened my eyes. "Or should I say, good afternoon?" He glanced at the ceiling like he was thinking.

"What time is it?" I mumbled as I sat up.

"Almost two in the afternoon." He pursed his lips and looked into my eyes. "How are you feeling today?" He narrowed his eyes at me. Dang, if looks could kill. What was his problem?

"Sore. I don't know why though." I stood up and stretched. "I'm sure my fath.." I stopped talking and my eyes widened. I had work today. Shit. I quickly looked around the room and found a door. I ran towards it and bumped into Harry. Damn vampire speed.

"Going somewhere?" He raised up one of his eyebrows and smirked at me. I huffed and tried to push past him but he didn't budge.

"Actually I'm late for work." I said and ducked under one of his arms. I ran to the front door and grabbed my bag then quickly opened the door and started walking down the sidewalk. There were a lot of people outside today. The sky was grey and yucky and it was raining. I reached into my bag and pulled out my sweatshirt. I pulled the hood over my head and continued walking.

"Louis." Harry was standing next to me.

"Oh my.." I jumped to the side and glared at him. "God. You scared me." I chuckled. He was wearing a short sleeve shirt and skinny jeans. Odd for this weather.

"Hi." He said in a deep voice. A confused look came across my face. "Maybe I should walk you home." He gave me a small smile. "Keep you safe."

"Uh. Okay then." I shook my head and continued walking. "Are you okay?" I looked over at him as we walked down the street.

"Yeah I'm just not tired today." He frowned at his feet. "I have nothing to do."

"Do you want to help me work." I bursted out. My eyes widened and I wanted to punch myself in the face. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Father would kill me if I was friends with a vampire. He would probably kill Harry as soon as he saw him.

"Really?" He looked over at me and it seemed like his eyes had a small glint in them. I tried my best to smile at him and nod my head.

"Yeah but one thing." I looked back ahead of me. "I need you to not look so much.." I didn't know what to say. "Try not to look so much like you."

"What?" Harry laughed. "You mean like a vampire?" He grinned and a girl walking the other way looked over at us. I gave her an apologetic smile and she frowned at us.

"Yeah. Don't even mention it okay? Because my father will be home."

"Sure." His tone went serious again and we walked in silence. "What do you want me to do about it though?" He said as we approached my house.

"I have colone." I shrugged.

"That will work. I need a lot of it though." He nodded and I turned into my house.

"Wait here." I mumbled and bursted through the door. I sprinted up the stairs and ran into my room. I shuffled the things on my desk around and grabbed the bottle of Cologne. Then I leaped over the steps three at a time and went straight back out front. Harry was staring down at his feet and kicking at a small rock.

"Here." I panted and handed it to him. He took it in his hand and stared at it. He looked up at me and grinned. I frowned and my my mouth formed a thin line. "What?" I said confused. He laughed a couple times and shook his head.