Chapter 15

Niall was shaking violently as he cried. Harry sat on the couch above him, waiting for him to stop. I sat down on a chair across the room. Niall would occasionally rant about something pointless or apologize about everything. Harry seemed to be focused on me though.

"Everything is still hurting." Niall pulled his legs closer to him and pressed his eyes against his knees.

"Side effects." I said quietly. Niall lifted his head up slightly and stared at me. He narrowed his eyes and they flashed a deep, dark red. I gasped quietly and Harry's eyes darted back down to Niall. "And it can sometimes make you really..." I gulped. Niall's eyes were turning darker and darker. "Hungry."

Niall smirked at me and I sat still. He was loosing it for sure. Suddenly I was being pushed back in my chair and it toppled backwards. Niall grabbed my neck and squeezed it hard. I whacked him in the face and he didn't move. Two second later Harry was ripping him off of me.

"What the hell is wrong with you!?" Harry shouted. He threw Niall across the room and he hit the wall, leaving a large indent. He groaned when he hit the floor and grasped his stomach tightly.

I had a dazed expression on my face and I got up slowly. I started walking over to Niall but Harry pushed me behind him.

"My throat is burning." Niall complained. "I need..." He stopped talking.

"I can get you human food but that's it." Harry kept me behind him and I had to peek over his shoulder. Niall's eyes cracked open and they were back to their regular light blue colour.

"I don't want that." He hissed. "I need blood."

"Then you won't get anything." Harry crossed his arms over his chest. Niall started to get up from his laying down position but he fell onto his face.

"Can you get me... water?" Niall asked. Harry nodded and in a flash, he was out of the room. It took about five second for him to come back with a bottle of water.

"Here." Harry tossed it at him. It rolled next to Niall and he stared at it with dull eyes.

"Can't you just get me something?" He looked up at Harry but Harry shook his head.

"Punishment."

"But what if I die?" Niall groaned.

"Then I'll go to your funeral." Harry responded. A small laugh escaped from my mouth. I received a death glare from Niall and Harry pushed me directly behind him so he could no longer see me. "I'll see you in the morning then." He grabbed my hand and started pulling me out of the room.

I didn't turn around to look at Niall when Harry shut the door and we walked down the hallway. We walked up to his room and got ready to go to sleep. I don't think I realised how tired I was until I pulled the covers over my head. I took off my shirt from under the covers and threw it across the room. It was a tad bit warm in here.

"Are you asleep?" Harry whispered a couple minutes later. I felt his arms snake around my waist and he pulled my back into his chest. Whoa whoa whoa. I wanted to scream like a thirteen year old girl but my face turned red instead. I really hoped he didn't know I was blushing.

"Not yet." I mumbled sleepily. "Are you?" I asked. I felt Harry's small laugh vibrate into the back of my head. I shifted over a little to get space but Harry pulled me into him again.

"No." He finally answered my previous question. It was quiet for a moment and I held my breath so I could hear Harry's cold breath hit my neck. "Are you asleep yet?" He said quietly. I laughed through my teeth.

"Harry stop." I groaned. His laugh echoed through my ears and I grabbed his hand and squeezed it gently. "I'm so tired."

"You started it." His chuckling died down and it was quiet for a while longer. Harry's hand was draped over me and I clutched it tightly. I pulled the covers over us slightly to try and warm him up. After two minutes nothing happened and I gave up. A couple minutes later I started shivering and I pulled Harry closer than possible to try and warm myself.

"Am I making you cold?" Harry whispered. He started to let go of me but I clutched his hand tighter.

"No." I breathed out. "I'm fine." I gulped.

"I can feel you shivering." He slowly tried to pry his hand from mine.

"I'm fine." I said louder than I expected.

"Louis you-" He stopped talking. I sighed and rolled myself over so I was no longer pressed against him. My eyes met his and he blinked a couple of times. I smiled slightly and he closed his eyes. I kept his hand in mine, closing my eyes and going to sleep.

**

I awoke to really annoying angelic music playing. I pulled the nearest pillow over my head and groaned. It sounded like classical music but it was slower. Then I realized it was a piano. I turned my head towards the door and stared at it.

Eventually I got up and made my way downstairs after I put on a shirt. I peered into the room that used to only hold a couch. Images of the morning I woke up on it came into my brain. It was only the second or third day I knew Harry.

As soon as I walked inside the emptiness of the middle of the room became occupied with a piano. Harry sat on a long stool hitting the keys lightly with his fingers. I stood at the doorway for a moment and then slowly went over and sat at the other end of the stool.

Harry's index finger landed on a key and he froze. I watched as a small smile lit up his face and he slowly turned and looked at me.

"Good afternoon." He grinned slightly enough where I could barely see his dimples showing.

"What time is it?" I looked down at my wrist to see what the time was but my watch was gone and instead I stared down at two small holes that were barely visible now. I looked back up at Harry and parted my lips slightly.

"Almost one in the afternoon." His smile fell from his face. "You slept for a long time."

"I was tired." I mumbled. He started to smile again and he turned to look back down at the keys, his hair fell to the side and I could no longer see his face. He tapped lightly at a couple of keys and then sighed. "Harry?" I questioned him.

"Hmm." He didn't look at me.

"Where did you learn to play the piano?" I asked quietly.

"My Mum taught me." He seemed to be mesmerized by his own hands moving against the tiny white panels. "And I used to play a lot for..." He cut himself off. I waited for an answer but it never came.

"Han-" I started.

"Don't say it." Harry stated sharply. His face turned slightly and his eyes flicked up to me. I gulped at the dark green they were turning. He took a deep breath and tried to control himself. "Sorry Louis I just.." He shook his head and his ringlets fell onto his face. He pushed them away slowly and got up from his seat. He quickly walked out of the room and I heard a door slam in the distance.

I sighed and got up as well. My feet seemed to tap against the floor as I walked. I didn't really know where to go but I started checking every room to see where Harry went off to. There were so many rooms in this house I got lost a couple of times. I even found the garage door that I hadn't noticed before. A cold breeze sent shivers down my spine as soon as I opened it. Garages were always colder than the house.

I closed it quietly and went back down the hallway. He wasn't even in the study where he liked to write. I passed the door that I wasn't allowed to go into. Harry trusted me to much and I didn't want him to think of me differently.

"That.. Ugh." I heard Niall groan. I quietly peeked into the room that he was currently in. Honestly he looked fine. Just a little tired. He was watching the football game on the large TV and he had his feet hoisted up on a coffee table. He sat on a couch with a bunch of water bottles to the side of him. As soon as he finished mumbling to the television he held a water bottle in his hands and unscrewed the lid. He gulped the whole thing down and threw it off to the side.

His head shot up and he sat still. He took a sharp inhale and sat there for a moment. I backed up a little and just barely looked through the door. Niall's head turned slowly as a smile appeared on his face.

"Louis."