Chapter 23

*Niall's POV* (Sorry I keep switching POV's but this is the only way!)

"You're going to be alright." Liam took my hands in his and brought them together. I watched his fingers curve around mine and then he pulled them to his chest.

"N- No." I shook my head. This wasn't alright. Nothing was alright. Nothing had ever been alright. "You need to st- stay here." I easily tore my hand from Liam's and rubbed my nose.

"I can't and you know that." Liam smiled lightly but I was doing the opposite. He reached his hand up and brushed a tear away from my face. My mouth opened and I stared at him quietly. It felt like my stomach was collapsing but I knew it wasn't. My head was pounding and I was gripping Liam's hand desperately. He couldn't leave. He wasn't going to walk away. He wasn't going to leave me. No. No. No.

"But-- But you promis-" My eyes shut and my feet gave out on me. Liam reached out and scooped me into his arms. My stomach hit his chest and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Niall it's going to be alright. Everything is going to go back to normal." Liam assured me. I cried out quietly and buried my head into Liam's neck.

"No." I shook my head. "I want us to be fr- friends ag-again." I hated crying. I barely cried. It made me look weak and I hated it and worst of all it made me stutter.

"We are friends Ni." Liam gripped my shoulders and pushed me backwards so he could stare at me. I broke contact and looked down at his feet.

"That's-- not what I meant." I closed my eyes so no more water works would pour down my face. Yeah, sometimes I would get upset and sniffle and what not, but I don't remember the last time I cried this hard. I didn't think about things to much anymore. It was just easier to act happy and not think.

"What do you mean?" Liam pulled me back into a hug because I didn't want to be away from him and it was clear on my face.

"Me. You. Harry." I paused to take a deep breath. "Zayn." I rubbed my eyes against Liam's shirt and clutched him tighter. I didn't want him to let go of me and I didn't want to let go of him. Liam was quiet for a moment and just rubbed my back. "I want to go home. I want my Mum and my Dad and--" I took a forced breath. "I want to die like regular people. I want to be a nor- normal person." I cried out again into Liam's shoulder. I wasn't going to hold it in.

"Don't say that." Liam's voice was calming and I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. "You're perfect the way you are and it's going to be okay. Everything happens for a reason." He slowly started to rub circles in my back with his thumbs.

"Ya- You don't have to lea- leave." I whispered. Liam laughed lightly and pulled me in closer to his warm body.

"Yes I do." He sounded sad. "But I promise I'll see you again." 

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"Liam do you think I'm a-- bad person? Because I kill people." A shiver ran down my spine despite the fact that Liam's body was so warm. Liam laughed again and I felt his head shake.

"No Niall. You're innocent."

"No I'm not!" My voice rose but Liam hushed me. I forgot about the two people sleeping upstairs. "I've seen bad things. I was supposed to be--"

"Don't talk about it alright?" Liam said softly. I nodded and pulled away from him to re-wipe my nose. Liam's lips rose into a smile but his mouth remained closed. He sighed lightly and let his hand drop from mine. His hands rose up and he cupped my cheeks in his hands. I closed my eyes as he pressed his lips against my forehead momentarily and pulled backwards.