Chapter 8

After Niall left I started wandering around the house. I opened all of the doors I could find. Most were empty and I didn't dare go down to the basement. I never wanted to go down there again. I skidded at a stop at the end of the hallway and stood at the last door I came in counter with. It looked older than all the doors. This one had peeling edges and the door was rusty. I fiddled with the bracelet around my wrist and slowly turned the knob to the door. It made a loud creaking sound and I paused for a minute. Then I started opening again.

I had it halfway open and I almost peeked inside when somebody slammed the door back shut. I looked over at Harry, who was suddenly by my side. He looked angered.

"Never go in there!" He growled. I shrunk away from him. He was breathing heavily and trying to control his anger.

"Sorry." I mumbled. "I didn't know." I took a step backwards in fear. His facial expression lightened and he must have realized how he was acting because he suddenly became mellow.

"Just, try to stay out of there." He shut the door extra tight and waited for me to follow him. "Want to watch a movie or something?" He raised his eyebrows changing the subject. I just kept staring at the door knob. I was like a little kid. If somebody told me not to do something then I would do it. Without realizing it, I reached out and put my hand back on the knob.

"Can I just peek in?" I didn't wait for an answer and started opening the door. Harry was suddenly by my side again, slamming the door back shut.

"Louis." He hissed, trying to stay calm. "Movie." He grabbed my hand tightly and started pulling me down the hall.

"Is there something bad in there?" I cocked my head to the side when he sat me down on the couch.

"No. Just don't go in there. End of conversation." He reached down and put a movie into the DVD Player then turned to face me. I crossed my arms in front of my chest when Harry sat down next to me. Well, more like on top of me. I turned my head away from him and he let out a small chuckle. "Are you mad at me?" His amused voice just made me close my eyes.

"Maybe." I huffed.

"Is little Louis mad at Harry?" He cooed. His hand landed on my thigh and I felt my cheeks heat up. "Louis can I tell you a secret?" He cold breath was suddenly on my ear, sending shivers down my spine. I nodded slowly. "I know what I do to you. I know how you get when you see me. I know you like me." He leaned away from me with a tight grin on his face.

"How?" My voice came out quietly. He shrugged and turned away.

"I have my ways." He pressed play on the remote and a large man with a chainsaw came on the screen. I grinded my teeth together and took a deep breath. Did we really have to watch a scary movie. "Are you okay?" Harry said. I opened my eyes back up and he watched me with great interest.

"I don't watch that many scary movies." I admitted. Harry laughed really loud and his head rolled back. I frowned my eyebrows and he wrapped his arms around his stomach and wiped his eyes. "What's so funny?" I huffed.

"You.." He laughed a couple more times. "You kill people for a living Lou. Your life is a scary movie. You're like that guy with the chain saw." He pointed at the screen. I didn't really think of it that way. It was sort of just a way of life for me.

"I.." I frowned and looked down at my lap.

"Don't worry about it." Harry frowned to at how much thought I suddenly put into it. "Forget I said anything." He mumbled and turned his attention to the television.

**

"Ew. Ew. Ew. Ew. Ew. Ew." I covered my eyes as the guy with the chainsaw started sawing in half a guy that was still alive. I buried my face into Harry's shirt. "Tell me when it's over." I groaned. I peeked my head up and saw that Harry was fully engaged into the movie. His lips where slight parted and his hair was fully pushed out of his face. "What are you thinking about?" I gently shook his shoulder. He continued watching until that part was over and then he glanced down at me.