Chapter 19

"He wasn't talking to her for like a few years and I even asked her what was wrong but she got all mad at me. I wanted to be there for her and when she died. Well, I don't really know. I kind of forgot about it."

I rubbed my eyes and yawned sleepily. When I opened my eyes, I was no longer in the front seat, I was in the back. Harry was clinging onto my waist and he was snoring lightly. My head was leaning against the window and my feet lay on the floor. Harry's body was spread across the two seats and his arms wrapped around my body tightly.

"Didn't you talk to her when she got sick?" Liam said from the passenger seat that I was in when I fell asleep. Niall was driving and it felt like we were going way past the speed limit.

"Yeah. Not really. I wasn't allowed to see her." Niall sighed. I shifted foreword and Harry's arms tightened around me, causing me to stay still. I looked down at Harry and his mouth was slightly open. He looked peaceful. It was pretty cute.

"Did you marry her?" Liam laughed slightly. Liam seemed happier than when he first got in the car. His voice was still low and tired out but he was awake and actually saying words.

"No!" Niall shouted. Harry frowned his eyebrows in his sleep, like he was mad. "I mean.." Niall lowered his voice. "My Mum wanted me too. It's not like I loved her. My parents just wanted her money."

"When Jacob died you should have just asked her."

"I was going to but then Zayn...." Niall sighed and took one hand off the steering wheel and ran it through his hair. His eyes flickered over to Liam and then back at the road.

"Oh." Liam's somewhat cheery voice went back down and he put his hand on Niall's shoulder. Niall's stiff body loosened at Liam's touch and he rested his head against the back of the seat.

"I think we are supposed to turn here." Niall changed the subject. It was dark out and we weren't on the freeway anymore. It was pitch black, except for the car lights.

"I think we are." Liam gently squeezed Niall's shoulder. I lightly draped my arm over Harry's and a small smile spread across his face. He was still asleep though.

"What are you doing Liam?" Niall chuckled.

"Do you not like it?" Liam laughed slightly. Niall's head fell backwards and he broke out into a fit of laughter.

"You're really weird." Niall shook his head and put his concentration back on the road. His eyes trailed up to the mirror and his eyes locked on mine for a couple seconds. He ignored me and looked back at the road. Liam turned his head and glanced at me. He took no interest and looked out the window instead.

"Harry are you awake?" I nudged him slightly. His arms gripped me tighter and I let out a small groan in pain. "Harry wake up." I shook him and his grip loosened around me, he was awake.

"What?" He mumbled. "I'm tired." His eyes fluttered open and the green of his eyes made me smile. His hair was tousled around and it looked more fluffy than it usually was.

"You look funny." I chuckled. A sleepy smile spread across his face and then he was burying it in the side of my chest.

"Five more minutes." He grumbled.

"HARRY OH MY GOD!" Niall screamed. My eyes snapped up to the front of the car and Harry shot up from his sleeping position.

"What!?" Harry groaned as soon as he realized nothing was wrong.

"Oh my- haha- you still- ha- fall for it every- ahaha- time." Niall broke into a fit of laughter. Harry ran a hand through his messy hair and leaned back against the middle seat, next to me.