XL: Elijah Mikaelson

a/n: the song that inspired this is attached at the top. have a listen.

third person p.o.v.

elijah opens the front door to see the salvatore. "neeklaus, our guests have arrived." elijah lets the brothers into the house. "damon, stefan.  elijah tells me you seek an audience. very bold. let's discuss the terms of our agreement like civilized me, shall we?" the four men walk around the small circular table to their seats.  elijah turns to the brothers. "it's better to indulge him." stefan stares down klaus. " i didn't come here to eat, klaus. fact, i didn't want to come here at all. but i was told i had to cause you would hear us out." klaus chuckles softly. "we'll, we can sit and eat or i can reach down your throats and pull out your insides. the choice is yours." the four men sit at the small table and eat except for stefan who only drinks. one of klaus' female servants pours damon an glass of wine. "thank you, love." damon watches her walk away, his eyes trained on her lower half. "you lost your appetite?" klaus says to stefan. "eat. i thought we agreed that we would leave the grumpy stefan at home." damon playfully winks at elijah.

"well, elijah and i have had our share of quarrels over the century. but we always make it through." stefan smirks. "kind of like you and rebekah, righ? where is she, by the way? last i checked she was still daggered because you were afraid to face her" klaus smirks. "if you're referring to the fact that rebekah knows i killed our mother, i've already come clean to elijah." damon rolls his eyes. "hey, stef, remember when you killed dad? might want to dial down the judgment until dessert." stefan stands up with some force. "we're here to make a deal, damon. doesn't mean we need to kiss his ass for seven courses." stefan states to walk away. "i'm just saying we have a long eveing ahead of us. pace yourself." stefan sighs and sits back down. damon hears a voice upsides. "who's that singing?" klaus listens. "that is elijah's best friend." "she sounds amazing" stefan turns to elijah. elijah sighs. "i told here that we were having guest over, i'll can go tell her to keep it down." elijah starts to get up. "it's no bother." damon reassures elijah. y/n starts to feel all her emotions coming out at once.

"why do i sabotage everything i love? it's always beautiful until i fuck it up."elijah looks up to the top of the staircase. "she is going through a terrible breakup." damon listens. "my i ask who the man or woman broke her heart?" elijah looks to klaus. klaus nods. "tyler lockwood." elijah and damon turn to y/n's footsteps as they hear her coming down the stairs. "the walls are closing in because i built them up." stefan turns to klaus. "that's her?" klaus nods his head softly. y/n turns herself and jumps at the sight of the four men. "oh... um.. hi" y/n looks down shyly. klaus stands. "hello love, how are you feeling?" y/n nods but slowly turns into a shaking of the head. elijah gets up and hugs her tightly. "everything will be okay, love. i got you." y/n cries quietly into elijah's shoulder. "thank you for having us but we'll be heading home now." damon and stefan get up from the table and walk out of the door. klaus snaps his fingers for the female servants to clean up. elijah picks y/n up in his arms and brings her up. "thank you..." y/n mumbles. elijah looks down at the sleepy girl in his arms.

"for what?" elijah chuckles and lays the girl down. "for always being there for me, it means a lot to me." she fights to keep her eyes open. "get some sleep, little one. " elijah gets up from her bed. "stay with me, please" elijah nods his head and lays beside the heartbroken girl. y/n positions her head on his chest. "i will always be there for you, y/n. just like how you were there for me." elijah looks down and smiles at the beautiful sleeping girl on his chest. elijah kisses her head and turns out the light. that night, every moment they have ever shared was going through his head. from the first time they met at the grill to right now. elijah sits up and screams in his head. "oh god, i fell in love with my best friend."