Chapter 91 - Hypnosis

Start from the beginning

With these very words, Nicolae stands up, goes to the door, unlocks it, and leaves. I stay sat, shaking my legs nervously, praying not to regret accepting his offer, but unprecedented events require desperate measures. And it's how I'm right now, desperate.

***

In no time, Nicolae is back with the Bible in one of his hands and, in the other, a small rectangular navy-blue velvet box with something inside it. He closes the door behind him and locks it again to avoid someone entering and disturbing us in our hypnosis session. Then, he puts the box on the table beside the sofa, knells down on one of his knees like a knight, handling me the Bible, that I hold with my both hands.

My gray-blue eyes sink into his piercing blue ones; he is entirely calm and master of his attitudes, while I'm apprehensive and hesitant, with my heart racing in my chest. The fear and the will of running away from everything is growing bigger inside of me.

Nicolae's deep and firm voice tries to give me some courage and reassurance that everything will be alright, that I have nothing to fear.

Nicolae: You have to put your hands down the Bible and offer it to me, like a tray. So, I can make an oath upon it.

I nod, and I do as Nicolae explained to me. I'm a little bit trembling, thinking about the implications of inviting a vampire to enter wheresoever. He puts his left hand on the Bible and, the right one, he holds it raised, level up with his head, palm to the front. Then, his firm and masculine voice echoed through the office.

Nicolae: I, Nicolae Bartholy, promise, before Almighty God, that I will use the hypnosis techniques only in the best interests of Khawla Jones and that I will not try, by any means, to read her mind or memories or use it on behalf of my own interests.

With these very words, the oath is made. Nicolae is bind to his vow, and it's a sure-fire that he'll do as promised. I let out an alleviated sigh, as having the sexy vampire as an ally is always comforting, mainly because he is a dangerous and powerful one, losing only for the Originals.

Nicolae stands up, gets the Bible from my hands, and places it on the table. Then, he gets the small rectangular navy-blue velvet box and opens it. Inside, there is a gold necklace with a huge diamond as a pendant. It's so beautiful!

"Wow!"

Nicolae starts to give me instructions to begin the hypnosis session, bringing me back from my astonishment. We don't have time for distractions.

Nicolae: Remove your boots and jacket. You have to lay down, in a comfortable position, to us get started.

I nod and remove my black boots, then my black woolen coat. It is warm inside the office, as Nicolae keeps the central heater of the manor always on in this time of the year, even they don't need it, but he tries his best to keep an aura of normality and humanity at home not to raise suspicions on what they are.

I lay down on the small sofa with my hands crossed on my belly. Nicolae gets one squared pillow that decorates the couch, sets it comfortably under my head, and advises me.

Nicolae: Don't cross your hands. Put your arms beside your body.

I do as commanded. Although I know I can trust him, I have butterflies on my stomach due to the apprehension of letting a vampire entering and playing with my mind. It's like playing Russian roulette.

Nicolae: Are you ready?

I take a deep breath, taking the courage of inviting a vampire in, and nod.

Nicolae: So, let's get started.

Nicolae gets the collar and starts to swing the pendant in front of my eyes. His voice is hoarse, deep, and calm.