Masters Cursed Steed

Depuis le début

I Shivered and stobbed breathing as she slowly turned her head to look into my E/C eyes with her Fiery orange ones. I could almost hear an antagonizing voice in my head saying " I Remember You."

The gates leading to the drawbridge opened and I was snapped out of my fear when Master Ambrose leaned over. Snatching my horses reigns in his hand as his steed shot forward. Leading my horse right along with him. Dracal was behind us, and the soldiers behind him.

The sound of thundering hooves was all I could hear, even over the sound of the drawbridge lowering and lifting behind us. We charged through the city, people screaming and jumping out of the way. All the while the Master still held on to the reigns of my horse.

The morning air was cold, and with both of my hands-free, I was able to wrap my cloak tighter around myself. We passed the market where I had been beaten, I looked away, not wanting to relive those memories.

In almost no time at all, we were out of the palace city and into farmland. When I first came here I was being transported in an overcrowded cart with no windows or view. This made it impossible to tell which direction my home village was in.

The master was in the lead with me being a close second. I expected him to let go of my reigns any second now, but he did not. He held onto them and kept my horse close the entire time.

It was only an hour or so before the sun was in the middle of the sky when we came across our target people. In front of us, coming our way was another group of knights.

These knights were in regular silver armor and rode upon brown shaded horses. The man n front sat upon a glorious white mare. All of the horses had red banners on them depicting a coiled serpent with a long snout and a curly beard.

" Ah. Ruler Ambrose! Overlord of several kingdoms. It is good to finally set eyes on you in person!" The lead man said. He was a thin, but tall man. Pale, very pale like ambrose was and dark brown eyes. He had very curly black hair and a small goatee.

" You may already have heard of me, but I am Jasper, speaker for the lord of our kingdom Oaastadon. We come to make alliances and forge strong bonds for the upcoming winters and battles ahead." He explained with a high and mighty tone.

Everything was dead quiet. Nobody moved, nobody said anything, nobody breathed. I kept glancing nervously from my master to Jasper and back again. Subconsciously reaching up to my arm right above my hand and scratching at it.

The master raised a clawed gauntlet and my breath hitched, thinking that he was going to signal for his men to attack the newcomers. I watched as he turned his palm upwards and motioned forward in an almost welcoming gesture. Behind me, Dracal kicked his horse forward and started speaking.

" Greetings Jasper of Arolan. I am Dracal, speaker for our lord and master Ambrose. The master has accepted your offer and invites you into his castle to discover if you are worthy of being his ally." Dracal spoke in a raised tone so all of the other kingdoms knights could hear him. Jasper nodded in response.

" We are honored to be your guests." With that, the circle of knights on our side rode their horses so they were surrounding us all including the newcomers.

" No no," Dracal replied, looking up at Jasper with something similar to that of a snarl. An angry and furious look that shook me down to my core. An expression I had rarely seen on him. " The pleasure is all ours." He finished and snapped his fingers.

It was then that our knights, who had encircled the other kingdoms knights. Unsheathed their weapons and attacked the knights on the other side.

I widened my eyes and gasped out. Subconsciously pulling on my horse's reigns to steer away from the sudden carnage. Master Ambrose reached over and snatched the reigns in his clawed gauntlets again. Looking down at me and giving me a cold look that made me freeze in place atop my steed.

The other nights screamed out in pain as they were ruthlessly slaughtered. I saw Jasper take-off of his steed, some of the master's soldiers riding off after him.

The horses kicked up dust as they ran off. Shielding them from my vision in a great cloud of floating dirt. I flinched and cringed, looking away as I saw all of the blood that was staining the ground below the horses' hooves.

All the while Ambrose continued to remain calmly seated on his black unicorn. Both of them watching the battle go on as if it was the most peaceful thing they had ever seen.

Dracal was on the other side of the master, his expression similar to that of Master Ambros's. By the time all of the other kingdoms knights were slain Jasper was long gone and out of sight. I could not tell if he had been captured or not.

The Master clicked his tongue and all of his knights circled back around us. I could not take my eyes off of all the dead armored men laying on the ground. Many of Ambros's soldiers grabbed them by the reigns so they could be taken back to the castle with us.

My breath was hitched and shaking, but the master seemed to care not about that. With my horses' reign still in his hand, he turned the party around and charged back towards the castle.

I kept glancing up at him since our mounts were almost pressed together. He kept his gaze on the horizon, the wind whipping passed us causing his short brown hair and beard to wave around slightly.

The ride back to the castle seemed to take almost no time at all compared to the one going out. That was probably because I was not focused on the trip at all. My mind was still on the massacre that just happened. I could still hear their screams as the swords pierced their hearts.

I could see their blood pooling on the ground. It never left my mind and I had not realized we were back home until the master was grabbing me by the waist and pulling me off of the big black steed.

His Unicorn was nowhere in sight and I guessed that he had already led her back into her stable. The master did not let me go immediately. When my feet were on the ground his cold clawed gauntlets remained at my sides, keeping me from walking off.

I could hear all of the knights and Dracal head back into the castle. The wooden double doors closing behind them and leaving the Master and I the only two people in the courtyard.

I kept my wide-eyed gaze down at our feet. Refusing to look at anything else than my dress hem and his mulberry colored metal boots.

The shaking of my dress let me know that I was indeed quivering in the Master's hold. Yes, I had seen him kill people before. But I had never seen him welcome somebody and then kill them just as quickly.

The sky was turning blue as the sunset, and the master raised a finger to my chin. Lifting my head up to meet his purple gaze with my own eyes.