Every Person Has A Differnent Side

" Asher, I really don't think that this is the best idea that you have ever had..." Varem trailed off nervously as he looked down the steep stone decline at the back of the castle. A good long drop with nothing but jutting stones and a distant lake far below.

The afternoon sun showered down on the three of us. Warming our skin as a cold mountain breeze swept through the sky. Keeping us a good neutral temperature and safe from overheating.

I was not quite used to being in the mountains. Back in my village I only ever saw them from a distance. Midora was completely surrounded by mountains. Even so, I never got to go to them since all of my time was spent trying to earn money for my family so that we did not starve.

It was a welcome change, however. I was very much enjoying the gigantic stone behemoths. The air was constantly fresh and smelled of rivers and lakes that could be found here and there. Watching the animals go about their lives was very calming.

Leodai and I would sometimes sit outside for hours just watching the time go by. Barely any words could pass. We would watch the eagles soar through the air. Sometimes I could see Leodai's companion Korim making lazy circles above the castle. From that height, he was very easily mistaken for a regular bird.

It was just so peaceful up here. It was so easy to forget the pain and suffering of the world when the world around you here just stopped... No... more like it flowed. It was not rushed, it was not pushed along. It went by at its own pace.

I only wished I had my family here to enjoy it with me. Master Ambrose and Dracal included. I could live like that. Away from the cruel ways of the kingdoms, or even just the villages. Living out here at our own pace where no one could bother us. Yet again that was how Dracal and his Lover were slain... they had no one but themselves, which meant no one was there to help them.

Varem ran a hand through his hair and scratched at his scalp as he bit his lip nervously. His boots kicked up rocks as he paced around his brother who was setting up what almost looked like a sled of some sort.

"It's not going to be that bad baby brother," Asher reassured. Tightening a rope to secure a piece of wood in place. " Back in Alhk-hatek, we used to practice sand surfing all of the time. This will be no different."

" No different at all yeah? The only thing missing then is the SAND!" Varem cried in outrage. His blue eyes were wide as he stared down at his older brother. Trying to get him to start making sense.

" You see that's the challenge though. Dirt is here in place of the sand. It rained pretty well last night so it should be a little easier. I will learn how to move with the dirt as I learned to move with the sand." He replied in determination.

" Why may I ask do you want to risk possible injuries to try dirt surfing when you are not accustomed to it and your about to go down a very steep drop? I guess I can understand trying to bring a bit of home here with you." I said from the side where I was seated cross-legged on a big rock.

Asher stopped tying down the last piece that he was working on and looked down in thought at his bootleg board. He was thinking long and hard, I just hoped that I did not trigger a nerve or something and made him sad. I was relieved when he looked back up at me with a radiant smile.

"It's not necessarily about bringing pieces of home over here, not entirely anyway. For me, it's mostly about keeping myself on my toes. To try and get a better bearing of the area since I am so used to moving and fighting on sand. It's about learning the law of the land. Learning how to move with the dirt just as I have learned to move with the sand. That way if ever a situation may call for it, I will be ready." He finished, looking out at the distant mountains. His green eyes sparkling with the thrill of adventure.