Royal Fun

A/N: SO! I got some news! This Friday morning I have an appointment to go get my wisdom teeth removed!! I'm excited for them to be gone so I can stop scarring the inside of my mouth, but I'm also super, super scared!!! Like... I want to cry... but it will all be worth it though!! I'll keep you guys updated. The new story is coming along. I got a good amount of chapters in it, I'm just working up the courage to publish it cause I think it's so cringy. Anyway, as I said ill keep you guys updated! I hope you all are doing well and I hope you enjoy the chapters!!

I yawned as I made my way down the hall with Vincent trailing behind me with his usual scowl. I did not get a lot of sleep last night. It bothered me that I did not know why I was just standing there crying and Lord Conrad came and found me like that.

He brushed it off, saying that I was sleepwalking or something like that. He took me to get some midnight tea, and we spoke softly in front of the hearth.

I asked him why he had been up as well. Since the robe, he was in was one of his sleeping robes, I assumed that he must have had a rough night as well. He dodged, or pushed away my question, saying that he often was up during the wee hours of the night.

Yawning again, I couldn't recall if I had even gotten any sleep last night. I just remembered that I felt really sad. I was not sure what it was that triggered it, but nonetheless, the feeling was there.

Hearing the footsteps behind me, I was reminded that I had one of the golden-haired princes following me for my " Protection". Turning my head to look over my shoulder, I saw his usual grimace.

" Come on Vincent... I know I'm not your favorite person in the world, but couldn't you at least spare a smile for once? I asked, not trying to sound like a prick, but just wanting a change in scenery for him.

His eyes glanced up at me from the floor and they narrowed slightly. I was now afraid that I had just pissed him off. Yeah, I guess asking him to smile more could be offensive... I sighed as I looked forward again.

" I'm sorry," I said softly. Behind me, I heard him sigh, though I could not tell what emotion was behind it. he did not say anything though. Instead, he just continued to be my guard.

After another minute of walking, we made it out to the big space out back. The back of the castle was a rocky yard of grass on top of a good-sized cliff that overlooked all the mountains behind it. There was a small stable for the horses, and one big fountain that spit and drizzled water.

I smiled in delight as I saw the other 3 princes making the best out of what they could hear in the back. They had stripped down to their under trousers and were using Leodai's fountain as a pool. They laughed and giggled like little boys as they splashed each other.

I laughed as Amadeus jumped in and caused a big wave that almost sent little Varem out over the rim and onto the glass. Behind me, I heard Vincent let out a sigh of embarrassment as he smacked a hand over his eyes.

I wandered over there. Liking the feeling of the warm sun on my skin, and the cool grass beneath my feet. The princes were all smiling and giggling like Dingbats until they noticed me coming up to them.

All at once, they stood up straight, even though they were mostly naked, and held their hands behind their backs formally. At the same time, they said " My lady." In unison.

" It kind of defeats the purpose of acting like princes when you are behaving like irresponsible children." Vincent hissed as he stepped up next to me. I thought the looks he always gave me were venomous. But if looks could kill his brothers would be ice-cold corpses right now.