Doing the "Right" thing

A/N: What the guards look like.

There was the sound of a distant voice calling out your name. You groaned in discomfort, not wanting to go out of the sweet land of sleep. You lazily raised a hand and shoed the person away.

" I'll be awake in a few minutes father." You said with a slow voice. No remembering quite yet exactly where you were and what had just happened.

" Y/N," The voice said again. That did not sound like the gruff voice of your father. Nor your brother for that matter. The voice was male so it was definitely not your mother.

It sounded like Dracal... DRACAL!!! Your eyes popped open and your body jumped up into a sitting position. You were still right there in the hallway which led you to believe that you were not passed out for too long. Dracal was in front of you, holding his palms out in front of you while a sly smile worked its way onto his face.

" Whoa whoa whoa there easily there girly. No need to be afraid I'm just here to help." He said slowly. Reaching into the pouch he had and pulling out a water skin. He uncorked it and held it to your lips where you took in the water.

" My goodness, there Y/N. You look like you have not slept in a lifetime! What's going on, what happened here?" The man tilted his head to the side. His dark brown eyes shining in the torchlight as his blonde curls framed his face.

" Their stealing from the pantry!" You blurted out before you could even think about what to say. His eyes widened and his head leaned back before a dark look crossed his features and he no longer had a gentle aura around him any longer.

" What?..." He said while tilting his head again. His voice was dark and full of malice now. " What did you just say." You shook underneath his gaze, but there was no turning back now.

" There were some servants stealing from the pantry" You stammered out, nodding in the direction of the door. He glanced over there but his eyes were back on you in a second.

" Why was I not informed of this immediately." He growled out. You jumped and tried to explain how you passed out right after you left the room. He must have got hat you were trying to say through all of your studdering and stammers though. His aura lightened up a tad but he still wore a fierce expression.

" And you were not apart of this act of theft?" He questioned you with a raised eyebrow. Tilting his head up and looking down his nose at you. You shook your head fervently, looking up at him with eyes full of worry.

" I-I-I-I-I walked out of the room and passed out." You explained to him hoping that he would believe you. He grabbed you by the shoulders and helped you to your feet. You were a bit shaky but you leaned against the wall for support.

He walked down the hall to the storage room. Opening it and closing it after a second when he saw no one inside. He slowly walked back over to you. The heels on his boots clicking on the stone floor.

" Take me to these thieves immediately. I hope you know that if you are lying dear Y/N than that means the punishment goes to you." He said, his eyebrow still raised but his expression more disbelieving.

You gulped and nodded. Using a hand against the wall to help support your week legs as you led Dracal to the servants quarters. You were not sure about the guys that were with them but you knew the girls since you all shared sleeping quarters.

You could feel Dracal's stare on the back of your head. Sweat beaded and dripped down your forehead as you got more nervous with each step. What if they had already eaten what they had stolen?

You hated to be the snitch in this situation. You really did not like selling people out right now. Even if it had been an accident blurting it out when you came out of your blackout, However, you being seen exiting the room during the event would have taken part of the blame and been punished too. That was not something you could afford considering your work here was what was keeping your family safe and fed.