Searching for Tokotopa

A/N: I've been writing a lot of this book, and I'm just gonna say, just keep expecting more updates for this, for now, I'm kinda on a roll for this story. I hope you enjoy the chapters!

I made my pace quick as I hurried away from the Laboratory and down the halls. The sound of my cloth shoes against the stone floor echoed all throughout the corridors.

As usual, I passed many guards in the hallway. Standing tall and rigid as they always did. Looking more like statues than anything else.

I paid little to no heed to them, I had something else on my mind. I had to know if the creature was telling the truth. What had Midora done that would have made Master Ambrose so mad? I could only guess right now, and I had a sinking feeling in my gut about it.

As I reached the ground level of the Castle I saw the many servants milling about, hurriedly doing their jobs. I scanned the faces, but I did not see who I was looking for.

Unless their Schedule changed recently they should still be around here. I stood in the hall, moving my eyes in between the various doors around here to see if I could get a glimpse of my desired person.

Many servants gave me a wide girth or changed their routes entirely so that they did not even have to be around me. I had gotten used to this, this was not new.

There he was! Coming out from the door leading to the kitchens. He was carrying a couple of boxes in his arms. It looked like he might be on his way towards the pantry.

" Bernard!" I shouted to him. Moving towards him. It was easy since the sea of hustling people around me practically sprinted out of the way.

Bernard stilled in his tracks, looking around for who could have shouted his name. I called it out once more and he turned in my direction. His eyes widened and he stiffened when he saw the purple on me, but he calmed down when he saw my face.

He stood where he stopped so I could catch up to him, smiling when I reached him. To not catch the guard's attentions I walked with him down the hall to where he was going.

"It's good to see you again Y/N. It's been a couple of weeks, and a little longer since we've been able to talk." He started making conversation as we walked.

" Yeah, we both have quite the jobs on our hands," I replied with a small smile of my own. He chuckled at my comment.

" I'm pretty sure everyone in this castle would rather have the job of mucking out the pits than the job you have now." He commented. Continuing to laugh, the smile fell from my face, though I kept pace with him.

" Speaking of... my job, I have a question for you." I started, and he looked down at me with a smile that said he was willing to help in any way he could. " I'm looking for the palace library, do you know where it is?" I finished.

He looked forward again as we reached the pantry, opening the door as he hummed in thought. We walked in and he started shelving the boxes.

" I don't, but I think Andela might. I think she talked about it once or twice in the past. It's almost lunchtime, we can find her and ask her. Why do you ask?" He finished.

" Something came up in my studies, I need to find out more about it." That was all I decided to say, at least for now. He looked at me for a moment longer before nodding. Reaching up and stroking the slight mustache he had started to grow.

"Let's go find her then." He said, before turning around and heading for the door. I kept stride with him, walking beside him as we made our way down the corridors and to the large cafeteria.