The Creature in the Water

A/N: Happy valentines day yall! I'm not promising anything but expect another chapter from this or another story later today. My family decided to do a second Halloween this Valentine XD. Also my baby snake Elliot bit me for the first time. Not because he was scared or angry, but he gets like that when he smells his food. He always liked to strike out when he could smell it but this is the first time he bit me. It's actually the first time any of my snakes have bitten me. I've had my corn snake Blackheart for 7 years and she has not bitten me once... shes bit my stepdad though. Anyway, I hope yall enjoy the chapter!

I was still so tired waking up the next morning. When my eyes opened, they felt heavy. It took so much energy to just keep them open. I had no idea what was wrong with me.

It felt like I had gotten a full night's rest, especially because of that flower water Master Ambrose gave me. That must be it, I don't know why it was affecting me so hard now and not when I had woken up in the middle of the night.

Sending all of my energy to my arms to slowly lift myself up, the heavy blanket fell off of my shoulders and pooled around the rest of itself that still layed over my legs.

I blinked a couple of more times, trying to keep myself awake as I took in Masters chambers again. Normally I would be freaking out that I was laying in his bed and had been spooned by him all last night.

That flower water was kicking my butt though. I could barely process any thought at the moment as it was. Sight and sound were about the only two senses I could register at the moment.

There was a heavy clanking sound to the front right of the big bed and I sluggishly turned my head to the side, though my body was still facing a whole other direction.

The Master was pulling on his last clawed gauntlet. Wiggling the sharp tips in the air so that they gleamed in the candlelight. With a slight little huff, which was about the only sound I could make right now, I attempted to shift my body over so that I was not so twisted around.

Master Ambrose's metal boots clanked against the stone ground as he rounded the bed from where his armor rack was and stopped next to where I was laying.

I could only tilt my head up at him and blink. His deep purple eyes stared down at me and I could not tell the emotions behind them. As if I ever could do that in the first place.

He reached a clawed gauntlet out and cupped my cheek in it. The leather of the palm was cold against my cheek as he rubbed my warm flesh with his thumb. I could feel the tips of the metal claws barely grazing the skin of my scalp behind my ear.

The action made me almost fall asleep again since I was not supporting my head anymore. He placed his other hand on my shoulder and gently laid me back down. I could feel him pull the blanket back up over me until only my head remained uncovered.

I relished in the comfort of the bed and the warmness of the blanket. Still, though, I could not help but open my eyes again as he walked back over to his armor rack and placed his horned helmet on.

My eyes could not stay open any longer and they slowly collapsed underneath their own weight. The last thing I heard before I drifted off again was him leaving the room and closing the doors behind him.

The next time I opened my eyes I was much more in control of my body. I was still tired as hell but I was able to sit up and rub my eyes without it taking a huge toll on my energy.

I stopped my action short when I realized that my nightgown felt a lot silkier than normal. I snapped my head down to it, then up to the room where everything that had happened the previous night returned to my memories.