Fiery Reunion

" Alone no more... Never again... Just you and me together forever!" he said in an almost tranced sounded voice. I leaned back a little as a shock went through my system.

" Wait Leodai I don't-" I tried to explain but was cut off again as the Warlock reached out and seized me by my face. Gripping me tightly and smashing his lips against my own before I could even struggle.

My words were muffled against his soft lips as he leaned even more into me. Almost pushing me completely flat against the rock we were on as he towered over my smaller form.

For a second my mind went completely blank as shock filled me. Sort of like that first time Master Ambrose tried to start things with me. I was just completely dumbfounded.

I liked Leodai, I really did. However, unlike what happened with Master Ambrose, I never gained any romantic feelings for the ruby-haired Warlock. I thought of him as a close friend, maybe even a big brother, much like how I viewed the princes.

There was no way for me to back away from this kiss since he was practically trapping me against the rock. I had to push him off of me if I wanted to cut this bud before it could possibly grow into something big and ugly.

Planting my hands on his face, I attempted to push him away from me. He surprisingly was much stronger than I anticipated. I knew he was tall, but I never thought he had much muscle on him. His robe always covered everything but his head and neck and I had never seen him without it.

Eventually, I was able to push the man off of me with a growl. He fall backwards, almost tumbling off of the rock in total as he looked at me with wide and shocked eyes.

" Leodai that's not what I meant! I like you but not like that! I'm in love with someone else and you know that!" I cried. I did not want to hurt this man. I loved this man, even if I was not in love with him.

He stared at me with a hard look to read. Almost as if he himself was unaware of the emotions swirling through his heart and mind. Shock, sadness, pain, then chilling, fiery anger that suddenly took hold of him.

I took a step back, afraid of his ire as he suddenly towered over me with a look that could level an army and cause them to surrender.

" You love the man that took so much from you?!" He hissed down at me with enough venom to kill a Dragon. " The man that took you from your home? Forced you into labour? Killed innocent people? Who continued to keep you away from your family even after you agreed to be his bride? The man that conquered three kingdoms by slaying their monarchs and enslaving their people? The man that would slaughter his own servants for something as simple as a couple of stolen apples? WHY?!?! Why do you love that man?! What does that man have that I don't huh?! What is there to even love? I have been nothing, NOTHING but kind and welcoming to you ever since you stepped foot in my castle. I fed you, bathed you, clothed you, loved you and only wanted your love in return! I never forced you into any sort of servitude! So why does a cruel and evil man such as AMBROSE get to have your love and affection and I don't?!" Leodai growled down at me, I practically had to crank my head all the way back with the way he was leaning over me.

I honestly did not know how to respond at first. He was right. Ambrose has done a lot of cruel and evil things... even to me. He's taken innocent people from their homes after conquering their villages. Forced said people into slavery... including me.

I had wanted to ask him if my family could have been moved into the castle before... I was always afraid to though. I may have been engaged to the man, but I was still only just a servant.

" That's it... there's no other explanation. You have to be cursed you must be." Leodai mused, twisting one of the tips of his moustache as he observed my silent reaction. I strode forward and poked a finger into his chest while glaring at him.